• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

moocowmoo's MN shares, not returning funds

Erulian

EDIT: My dash was just returned to me, thank you moocowmoo

On the 10th of August users of moocowmoo's shared masternode service received an email informing us that he is shutting down his service and apologizing for being in the dark for so long.

So, to address the stress, I'll be shutting down shares and sending back all deposits to their origination addresses within a week or two as time permits.

The was quite a relief for me after trying to get my money earlier. Since then I never heard from him again.

1. Who else lost money?

2. Should we start a telegram group or something to get organized?

3. Do we know his identity in real life?

I hope to get some discussion going about this, it's getting late.

Last edited:
Hi Erulian

You can add me to the list - I have been trying since September to get a response from him
I hope we can get some more details together as well, I have asked a number of people on discord if they have any details or can help but nothing so far - I will keep trying.
so far I have asked @btcbookstore, @zzz, @unchained and a few others . Beware though I suspect an impostor is sending messages from his moocowmoo handle asking for a payment to release the dash. Also might be worth involving the Dash core group as this reflects really badly on dash, particularly as he was a prominent member of the team

Hi Erulian

You can add me to the list - I have been trying since September to get a response from him
I hope we can get some more details together as well, I have asked a number of people on discord if they have any details or can help but nothing so far - I will keep trying.
so far I have asked @btcbookstore, @zzz, @unchained and a few others . Beware though I suspect an impostor is sending messages from his moocowmoo handle asking for a payment to release the dash. Also might be worth involving the Dash core group as this reflects really badly on dash, particularly as he was a prominent member of the team

Correction to above

No response so far apart from tungfa pointing to this initiative which was much appreciated

On the 10th of August users of moocowmoo's shared masternode service received an email informing us that he is shutting down his service and apologizing for being in the dark for so long.

The was quite a relief for me after trying to get my money earlier. Since then I never heard from him again.

1. Who else lost money?

1.You guys should make a list with roughly amounts to be more correct to community(if it's with txID much better- to be clear about ). And nobody is guilty until all evidences put on the table. At the moment this is your word against his (in this case even his word is missing). Please ceep calm and let us not judge hastily. After 1 is done then we can forward to 2 and 3 in this post and we look what we can do best for all if there has a real problem. Let's be patient in this situation.

1.You guys should make a list with roughly amounts to be more correct to community(if it's with txID much better- to be clear about ). And nobody is guilty until all evidences put on the table. At the moment this is your word against his (in this case even his word is missing). Please ceep calm and let us not judge hastily. After 1 is done then we can forward to 2 and 3 in this post and we look what we can do best for all if there has a real problem. Let's be patient in this situation.
With due respect to all concerned 1) as Erulian said "On the 10th of August users of moocowmoo's shared masternode service received an email informing us that he is shutting down his service and apologizing for being in the dark for so long." so I think its fair to say that we have been more than patient - since before August. as pointed out in numerous threads around - if you want more confirmation have a look. There is no need to submit all of that detail to the group at this stage, does it matter if its 100 or 1000 dash? Believe me if its necessary to prove to anyone I am more than happy to, if I believe it will actually achieve anything. All of this is not new and if I simply got my dash back I would be happy to be doing other things

Reactions: Bft
@moocowmoo is not a scammer, but he seemed a bit unglued/stressed (which says a lot coming from me) out last I spoke to him... I've been wondering if he's OK.

@moocowmoo is not a scammer, but he seemed a bit unglued/stressed (which says a lot coming from me) out last I spoke to him... I've been wondering if he's OK.
Irrespective of what you call it - people have been unable to access their funds for over four months and while moocow might have personal problems it does not justify creating problems for others, particularly if this was a situation that he knew, by his own admission, was a problem months ago.

1. Who else lost money?

Doesn't look like many people are interested although there seem to be a bunch who have had similar problems on reddit and discord etc, and virtually zero interest from the rest of the . So just trying to think of alternative ways to try and get anything happening

I'll be more interested when i see some posts with some proof. Addresses, signed keys etc. Otherwise how do we know you didn't accidentally send funds to someone that wasn't moocowmoo?

I'll be more interested when i see some posts with some proof. Addresses, signed keys etc. Otherwise how do we know you didn't accidentally send funds to someone that wasn't moocowmoo?
Doubt he would have paid me masternode shares for months if I had sent the coins to someone else

Can those people that are still waiting on the return of their collateral after the shutdown of moocowmoo's masternode service, try the following (if not tried already) :

* send an email to moocowmoo with subject 'Withdraw Request' and attach the original deposit receipts

It will look like this :

goNKZ6K.jpg

After a few days you should get a return email from moocowmoo that looks like this :

NHijs51.jpg

Credits : IDON (from Dash Nation Discord)

Understand that the return of the collateral goes to the Dash address it was send from.
Please let us know if this works or not (i want to make sure people followed moocowmoo's very specific withdraw procedure to the letter)

Last edited:
Can those people that are still waiting on the return of their collateral after the shutdown of moocowmoo's masternode service, try the following (if not tried already) :

* send an email to moocowmoo with subject 'Withdraw Request' and attach the original deposit receipts

Understand that the return of the collateral goes to the Dash address it was send from.
Please let us know if this works or not (i want to make sure people followed moocowmoo's very specific withdraw procedure to the letter)

Thank you, I have already done this moths ago without any success.

Doesn't look like many people are interested although there seem to be a bunch who have had similar problems on reddit and discord etc, and virtually zero interest from the rest of the . So just trying to think of alternative ways to try and get anything happening
At least now we have a thread in the forums where we can find each other in the future. I should ping some people over at reddit as well.

Hi Erulian

Did you also get your funds back? I got mine just a few minutes ago. Thank you to moocowmoo and to anyone in the community who helped make this happen.

Last edited:
Have you already invested in real estate on the platform like RealT? Just heard about it as I gonna do investment in this field
Do you have any experience of working with this platform?

Have you already invested in real estate on the platform like RealT? Just heard about it as I gonna do investment in this field
Do you have any experience of working with this platform?
Going on the internet and asking stupid questions in a completely inappropriate place is always the best way to get investment advice.

Back