• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

MN percentage for Development ?! .....>

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
There were a couple of very good posts in the 'Merger' Thread yesterday
regarding 5-10% from MN payments going towards development !

I think we as the community should talk about this more detailed !
(thats why i started this thread)

We need more help (finances) for the Dev Team, outsource projects,.... >
and with that we could really get the ball rolling. I do not know the numbers correct
but 1150 MN's, 5% each (lets say for the next 6 months) ... that brings us to .... ?!

The Foundation is close to being launched and they should be in charge of whatever coins come in through this idea
(in case it launches)

I would be happy to participate in this !
What are the opinions ?
lets talk ! ....>

great idea !
I did not even think of that !!
sure thing , optional with an on/off switch !

Is it possible to incorporate an internal decision making mechanism for something like this, maybe a yes or no option to masternodes and an automatic implementation with an up or down option if a majority is reached? Personally I'd be all in favour but really its up to the community to decide and there could be a more fluid way of doing it than updating a client and leaving it up to the community to chose whether or not to install it.

EDIT: Just a thought after writing that, I'm not much of a dev so sorry if I'm missing something obvious :) A split of clients to allow core functionality with pluggins could allow for more diverse development, if the pluggins are activated by the majority of masternodes then they become active. It would probably need something like a package manager to list and describe available pluggins and give the option of activation but that could expand into a system for user tools, multisig managers, automatic charity donations, all kinds of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as Evan (or someone else) introduces plug-ins for clients/server I'm out.

No, I'm serious.

Security nightmare,

I wallet should just be a wallet, and the maximum of development time should be used to make this thing secure, not fancy.

True but that could also extend to a desktop gui, maybe it could be better pared down to just a daemon to encourage development of third party interfaces. I honestly think bitcoin-qt has slowed down development of Bitcoin interfaces and we'd have all kinds of innovations up to full blown accounts packages with automated functions if 3rd parties had to develop their own means of prettifying magic internet money.

That's where I see pluggins as useful, as a means of interfacing with the core rather than extensions of the core. Maybe that's off topic for this thread though, there's nothing stopping masternode admins funding development with a portion of their gains, its only a simple script, but implementing it as a function of the masternode network would be a change to the core functionality (I think).

I also agree with crowning darkcoin is about privacy and freedom (financial freedom).
So let everyone choose if they want to donate just a simple command in the console is enough.
people will donate anyway.

tungfa think an average donation of 5% per masternode (some will donate more than others) would be at least 1 Darkcoin per month times 1150
would make for a minimum revenue of 2000$ per month which means the addition of at least 1 enthusiastic developer.
The darkcoin foundation donations we could then allocate towards spreading awareness and marketing.

Donations should be donations.

They should never ever be enforced through code or other mechanism. DRK's fiat value will fluctuate and each person should decide what they wish contribute to different aspects of the protect.

Bitcoin armory has a built-in donation feature that users use when they wish. The donation feature is something that can be added as a checkbox item.

The moment you start forcing the community, it becomes a dictatorship and centralized government indirect tax mechanism.

They should never ever be enforced through code or other mechanism. DRK's fiat value will fluctuate and each person should decide what they wish contribute to different aspects of the protect.

Bitcoin armory has a built-in donation feature that users use when they wish. The donation feature is something that can be added as a checkbox item.

The moment you start forcing the community, it becomes a dictatorship and centralized government indirect tax mechanism.

relax relax
nobody is forcing anybody to do anything
it is just me talking and writing too fast !
all suggestions are welcome but do not think anything will be enforced on any level !

I wouldn't say never but it would need something ground breaking first. If improvements to the system could be quantified then the system could pay for those improvements automatically but I've no idea how that could be done fairly, do it by lines of code and the client would bloat to 5 gigs or more :) Maybe a bounty on tracker issues could work but it would probably need something to incentivise participation in evaluating awards.

Sorted:
Evan: The masternode system can't really do donations like people are asking for either, there's not a good way to do that. If people want to donate, they'll have to manually calculate some of the profit and send it that way .
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9602297#msg9602297

When the foundation is up it will be much easier to work with donations, and percentages you gotta work out yourself/myself.

I personally dont write code but if you cant write a code for a button to automatically send x percent.
you can still put a button in the wallet eg:

donate.jpg

Now I actually have to be part of DarkcoinTalk and actually know what wallet to send to,
btw I still dont know where to send donations to :sad:.I shouldnt have to ask this question

We need to make it so that all people in active or active have no barriers when it comes to donation.

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-23_5-6-44.png
    upload_2014-11-23_5-6-44.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 75
I personally dont write code but if you cant write a code for a button to automatically send x percent.
you can still put a button in the wallet eg:

View attachment 638

Now I actually have to be part of DarkcoinTalk and actually know what wallet to send to,
btw I still dont know where to send donations to :sad:.I shouldnt have to ask this question

We need to make it so that all people in active or active have no barriers when it comes to donation.

good thinking !
The Foundation is coming very soon
and with them and their webpage we will have all this figured out !
just give it a bit of time , I know the crew is working hard to get this finished and online !!

I really feel strongly about this donate button,
it really bug me that the developers say they are underfunded
and then they cant make time to put a stupid button in the wallet.

Btw look at changetip and all these new tipping companies
You see if donating is made easy people will donate
cryptocurrencies are made to facilitate small payments

I really feel strongly about this donate button,
it really bug me that the developers say they are underfunded
and then they cant make time to put a stupid button in the wallet.

Btw look at changetip and all these new tipping companies
You see if donating is made easy people will donate
cryptocurrencies are made to facilitate small payments

gringo
relax !
i totally hear you, and yes that will be coming, but there is no point having a button when there is no address to go to !
Sounds to easy to be true, but with the foundation there have to be certain legal things sorted first (as we do NOT want to up with a mess as the BTC Foundation !!)
before it is worth taking this further !
Fernando is officially on it (as always) as as this is a small operation, it takes some time to get things in place and order.
For now hold on to your coins and get ready for donations soon !
hope you understand !
(i appreciate the anxiety)

Just a question: Are the people in the Foundation also people who participated in the Instamine way back in January?
Just a question.

Just a question: Are the people in the Foundation also people who participated in the Instamine way back in January?
Just a question.

Whowww Moli
good morning to you too !

fernando maybe you want to answer who is involved in the foundation !

Back