• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

MN not working properly

Icebucket

Im experiencing some difficulty getting my node to work, the node worked fine for one day and then went offline. I have tryed to reset the masternode genkey about 5 times. It works fine for few hours and then goes offline.

I tryed to change VPS service provider with the same MN and changed everything when I did that, new :
Darkcoin wallet
rpc user
rpc password
masternodeprivkey
externalip (my.new.vps.IP)

And now when I do <darkcoind masternode list | grep my.new.vps.ip>
I get "my.new.vps.ip:9999" : 1
but what shows up on https://drk.mn/masternodes.html
3m4Ws2Z.jpg

udv20u6.jpg

Also on http://drk.poolhash.org/poolhashrate/blocks/masterstatus.txt
my wallet shows up two times, with different numbers in the end (dont know what they mean but I know that :6 is good)
WALLET-ADDRESS: 2:1
WALLET-ADDRESS 4:1

Am I doing it wrong or what :what:
Im completely lost, any help greatly appreciated

If it shows ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE - you don't need to worry. The Closed/Denied thingy just means your node banned elbereth 's node scanner :D

May I ask, did the darkcoin daemon crash on your nodes or why did they go offline?

Did your IP address get changed? When I changed my IP I also got two entries for the same wallet address on chaeplin's masternode list - one for each IP. Just posted a similar question on bitcointalk forum.

If it shows ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE ACTIVE - you don't need to worry. The Closed/Denied thingy just means your node banned elbereth 's node scanner :D

May I ask, did the darkcoin daemon crash on your nodes or why did they go offline?

But there is one unlisted at the end <Status p2pool> it says ... does it not matter ?

I have no idea why the node went offline, the darkcoin daemon did not crash.
This was the message that came when my MN was always malfunctioning in the beginning
IqkjLMV.jpg

Edit: it always started with all ACTIVE but after few hours it went like this ^

Last edited by a moderator:
Did your IP address get changed? When I changed my IP I also got two entries for the same wallet address on chaeplin's masternode list - one for each IP. Just posted a similar question on bitcointalk forum.
Yes I thought that the problem was my VPS provider so I got another account with a different company (and different IP) but used the same cold wallet

And now when I do <darkcoind masternode list | grep my.new.vps.ip>
I get "my.new.vps.ip:9999" : 1

my wallet shows up two times, with different numbers in the end (dont know what they mean but I know that :6 is good)
WALLET-ADDRESS: 2:1
WALLET-ADDRESS 4:1

Am I doing it wrong or what :what:
Im completely lost, any help greatly appreciated

Trust your daemon, if you're getting IP :1 then you're fine.

The 1st number after your wallet address is how many of chaeplin's servers see your node, the second is how many times your MN has been elected in the last week.

Might just be taking a bit of time for your old IP to vanish off the list? edit: doesn't mean it hasn't already vanished as far as other MNs are concerned, probably just that chaeplin's script has a longer update interval.

Trust your daemon, if you're getting IP :1 then you're fine.

The 1st number after your wallet address is how many of chaeplin's servers see your node, the second is how many times your MN has been elected in the last week.

Might just be taking a bit of time for your old IP to vanish off the list?

Ok so this is a non issue and everything is A OK .. . I like that :smile:
Thanks !! :grin:

Has anyone had a problem where your cold wallet or the wallet on my windows PC says 1000, but the one on my masternode is showing 0. I took 4 drk out yesterday to make my balance 1000 and it shows this on my windows wallet but no such luck on my MN. I have stopped and started darkcoind rebooted my MN and run the command prompt to launch my windows wallet with my conf file in the folder where I am launching my darkcoin-qt.

Has anyone had a problem where your cold wallet or the wallet on my windows PC says 1000, but the one on my masternode is showing 0. I took 4 drk out yesterday to make my balance 1000 and it shows this on my windows wallet but no such luck on my MN. I have stopped and started darkcoind rebooted my MN and run the command prompt to launch my windows wallet with my conf file in the folder where I am launching my darkcoin-qt.
Update:
Well now I have sent my 1000 to another wallet then back again and I am able to see the wallet has 1000 DRK, but my masternode is still
[12][3][4]2Digital OceanNetherlands
nl.png
_._.3.239-
useroff.gif
-
useroff.gif
nl-
useroff.gif
-
useroff.gif
nl330/33064389/48414

Which I believe means my masternode is not running with the network.

Update:
Well now I have sent my 1000 to another wallet then back again and I am able to see the wallet has 1000 DRK, but my masternode is still
[12][3][4]2Digital OceanNetherlands
nl.png
_._.3.239-
useroff.gif
-
useroff.gif
nl-
useroff.gif
-
useroff.gif
nl330/33064389/48414

Which I believe means my masternode is not running with the network.
When you sent you coins inputs on the masternode have changed so I guess you have to run "masternode start" again to activate your masternode
EDIT: or even "masternode stop" first and then "masternode start"

I did that and I also ran darkcoind stop then darkcoind start

Awe my friend helped me and I was not using the correct windows command prompt. I had the conf file in the incorrect folder. Thank you for you help. AAAAHHHH relief

Back