• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Missing Darkcoins. They aren't in my Dashcoin wallet

ChrisEvan

Ok....what did I miss? I had a Darkcoin wallet on a Windows OS. There were coins in there. I downloaded Dashcoin wallet on a Windows OS and the coins weren't there. I figured I could send the DRK to the DASH wallet, but the DRK wallet won't sync anymore.

So, how can I get the coins into my DASH wallet?

Thanks

download newest wallet from official page ver 0.11.2.17
change the DARKCOIN data dir which you will find in C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming folder on DASH - not DASHCOIN !!
If you had darkcoin.conf change it to dash.conf, after all start the dash-qt.exe -zapwallettxes meaby you have some stuck transactions mate :)
if not works add some nodes to your config.

You said you`ve downloaded already the dash wallet so the client created a new wallet automaticly which is empty. Delete the DASH data dir you have already and change the darkcoin folder into dash....btw. backup your wallet.dat from darkcoin folder - always backup....

Last edited by a moderator:
download newest wallet from official page ver 0.11.2.17
change the DARKCOIN data dir which you will find in C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming folder on DASH - not DASHCOIN !!
If you had darkcoin.conf change it to dash.conf, after all start the dash-qt.exe -zapwallettxes meaby you have some stuck transactions mate :)
if not works add some nodes to your config.

You said tyou`ve downloaded already the dash wallet so the client created a new wallet automaticly which is empty. Delete the DASH data dir you have already and change the darkcoin folder into dash....btw. backup your wallet.dat from darkcoin folder - always backup....
He said he already downloaded the Dash wallet. What he's confused is this is only a name change, so the wallet.dat is still the same. All he has to do is cut the wallet.dat from the "Darkcoin" folder and paste it to the "Dash" folder.

Too verbose explanation can make him more confused.. :tongue:

moli yeah I didn`t understood good the question and the process he did.
Copy wallet.dat from darkcoin and put it in dash folder :)

I think I am in the same boat. But, I literally need help with where the dash folder actually resides on my Mac? For example where do I locate the Darkcoin and Dash folders?

I think I am in the same boat. But, I literally need help with where the dash folder actually resides on my Mac? For example where do I locate the Darkcoin and Dash folders?
/Users/YouUserName/Library/Application Support/Dash/

Thank you,but I mean quite literally where do I type that phrase; i.e do I open Dash up and type it in the debug console, network monitor, or is this on my hard drive. Forgive the ignorance, I am so not a programer, just an enthusiast.

/Users/YouUserName/Library/Application Support/Dash/
UdjinM6 How do you find that directory in Mac is what he was asking.
In windows I can find a file by typing the name or just the first few letters of the file in "Start Search"... How do you find a file in Mac?
To find the location of a file in windows, right-click the file and you can see "Open file location"... Is it the same in Mac?
I think we need a thread for "Basic Computing for Dummies".
:grin:

UdjinM6 How do you find that directory in Mac is what he was asking.
In windows I can find a file by typing the name or just the first few letters of the file in "Start Search"... How do you find a file in Mac?
To find the location of a file in windows, right-click the file and you can see "Open file location"... Is it the same in Mac?
I think we need a thread for "Basic Computing for Dummies".
:grin:
Ahh.. Well, he already did it but anyway: Open Finder -> ( in top menu "Go" -> "Go to Folder...") OR cmd+shift+g -> paste "/Library/Application Support/Dash/" and hit enter :)

Thanks for the replies folks, I have tried all of this and nothing. I went to the DRK blockchain explorer and found my transaction. I really have no idea where to go from here. Any further help is appreciated

Thanks for the replies folks, I have tried all of this and nothing. I went to the DRK blockchain explorer and found my transaction. I really have no idea where to go from here. Any further help is appreciated
What happened if you don't mind me asking?

Sure....I will give the best details I can. I had some DRK on roughly 1/20/15. I put them through the Darksend mixer, and there was some communication issue. The program wouldn't catch up to the blockchain, so I shut it down, and I got busy at work. I went back a month later, and they were gone. When I tried to use the back up i had, I got an error message that said something to the effect of "payment file cant be read". Now, I can see my transaction, but I don't have my coins. I am sure I didn't spend them. I am also sure I didn't send them anywhere. The only place I may have is my Cryptsy account, but they aren't there.

Sure....I will give the best details I can. I had some DRK on roughly 1/20/15. I put them through the Darksend mixer, and there was some communication issue. The program wouldn't catch up to the blockchain, so I shut it down, and I got busy at work. I went back a month later, and they were gone. When I tried to use the back up i had, I got an error message that said something to the effect of "payment file cant be read". Now, I can see my transaction, but I don't have my coins. I am sure I didn't spend them. I am also sure I didn't send them anywhere. The only place I may have is my Cryptsy account, but they aren't there.
Interesting.... I've never come across that type of message with my wallets. I've also run Darksend mixer many many times, also shut down my wallets many times when the mixing was not finished and the coins were still in "Pending" or DS message indicated the process was still going on and DS was not finished or on idle, but even with those cases I've never lost any coin.

Which wallet version are you running? Have you migrated your DRK wallet to Dash wallet?

Is this transaction displayed in gray and has no confirmations? If it is then most likely you messed up with command line parameters when you tried to follow splawik21 advise and -zapwallettxes didn't actually work for you. How do you start wallet?

Is this transaction displayed in gray and has no confirmations? If it is then most likely you messed up with command line parameters when you tried to follow splawik21 advise and -zapwallettxes didn't actually work for you. How do you start wallet?
Hey Udjin,

It looks like this is another case of someone who doesn't know how to migrate to Dash (from the sound of his first post):
So, how can I get the coins into my DASH wallet?

Thanks
Someone on IRC asked me "Why don't the devs make the Dash wallet to look for the wallet.dat from the Darkcoin folder (and auto-migrate it, I guess)". What do you think? Or the migration is a thing of the past now and we shouldn't be concerned anymore?

No....neither my DASH nor DARK wallet shows any transactions ever.

Hey Udjin,

It looks like this is another case of someone who doesn't know how to migrate to Dash (from the sound of his first post):

Someone on IRC asked me "Why don't the devs make the Dash wallet to look for the wallet.dat from the Darkcoin folder (and auto-migrate it, I guess)". What do you think? Or the migration is a thing of the past now and we shouldn't be concerned anymore?

Yes, although you are correct, I learned and when I try to open the Wallet,DAT from the DARK file, it gives me an error message that says something to the effect of "payment file cant be read

Yes, although you are correct, I learned and when I try to open the Wallet,DAT from the DARK file, it gives me an error message that says something to the effect of "payment file cant be read
OH... why would you want to open the wallet.dat from the Darkcoin folder? All you have to do is move it to the Dash folder. To move it: Cut or copy the wallet.dat and paste it into the Dash folder. Then run the Dash client.

If you already have a wallet.dat in the Dash folder, change its name to "wallet.dat.new" or something like that first.

Back