• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mini Crowd Fund: Dash brand placement in popular mobile VR game

SiliconDroid

Hi All,

Introduction

I'm writing a high quality VR game for Daydream, GearVR and Cardboard platforms.

I have already created one high quality game for Cardboard platform "GalaxyVR" with 380k free installs and 6k paid installs.

My latest work in progress "MechZ" is hopefully to be released in 2017 (or very early 2018):
  • Places user in a mech robot cockpit.
  • User has a full body avatar with IK rigged arm and controller (a first for mobile VR).
  • User is able to free roam large (for mobile) procedurally generated maps.
  • Game is generally a shooter with destructible environments.
  • Users are able to play with each other via online servers.
  • Set in the year 2127 and has advertisement like billboards and screens in it.
Proposal

I propose that Dash branding be procedurally placed throughout the game to raise awareness about dash as a future currency.

My work can be viewed on twitter, you can view the screens and billboards in some of my previous videos there. I have also posted a few vids and screenshots in this thread below.

I was considering breaking the ad-space up and selling to others before considering total product placement of Dash. I would make Dash be the token used in this speculative 2172 world. Dash placement would be purely aesthetic and passive. No real Dash will be used in the game. It is product placement only.

The work would involve making multiple graphics with Dash branding and a variety of 3D models of Dash signage to sprinkle throughout commercial city zones, think large shiny plexiglass signage with Z depth to it, like you see on large banks etc.

here's an example of a billboard graphic to place in the city maps:
DQUjosYXcAEVOPS.jpg

Advertising Target Reach

MechZ (being published to more platforms than GalaxyVR) is expected to garner >1M free demo installs in 1st year, and >=10k paid installs (hopefully).

Each user is expected to play for at least 10 minutes, many of them will repeat play (because the game is good, I sweat blood to make these scenes hold 60FPS in stereo on mobile phones).

Crowdfund This Idea

As per @GrandMasterDash's post, crowdfunding would be best for this little idea.

Full on product placement of Dash in the game (~50hrs work) will be ~1.0 Dash.

Prorata product placement depending on funding received.

Any funding amount is appreciated to this address:
XxYQivi4XmyodTa4rGcv5nXWg5PB5dDH6f

Funding status can be seen on this Dash Explorer:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XxYQivi4XmyodTa4rGcv5nXWg5PB5dDH6f.htm

PERKS
Let me know in this thread if you funded and want to claim a perk:

PERK 1 (>= Đ 0.01)
Your name or website or twitter handle etc in the scrolling game credits (along with a short text).guration.

PERK 2 (>= Đ 0.025)
Perk 1 and also a free download code for the full Daydream game on GooglePlay store when the game is published (~$8 USD).

Last edited:
Might be easier to crowdfund this. I'll donate 0.1 dash if others do.

Thanks for linking my game.

I only just learned that I would have to stake dash (to be burned) in order to submit proposal, makes perfect sense to prevent proposal spam.

And the $ price of Dash has shot up since I wrote my proposal (I should have specified budget in $).

That's mighty generous of you to consider donating some Dash to make this happen.

Is their any formal route to doing a small crowdfund for ~$800 worth of Dash? (~1Dash at todays rate).

Heres a development video, testing the open city area, a procedurally generated city, everything is destructible:

Last edited:
Here's the city procedural lay out, Dash signage (various 3D models) can be added to random subset of the larger business zone buildings.

DIz--qBXYAAVxCG.jpg

City also has various billboard signage, seen here with placeholder art:
C-D2EryW0AAVFZi.jpg:large

Last edited:
Thanks for linking my game.

I only just learned that I would have to stake dash (to be burned) in order to submit proposal, makes perfect sense to prevent proposal spam.

And the $ price of Dash has shot up since I wrote my proposal (I should have specified budget in $).

That's mighty generous of you to consider donating some Dash to make this happen.

Is their any formal route to doing a small crowdfund for ~$800 worth of Dash? (~1Dash at todays rate).

I just realized you're not using real dash and I don't think it's a good idea to misrepresent dash being worth millions of dollars. But if it's just product placement (not points or tokens) then I'm okay with it.

Post a dash address here and see if anyone donates. Maybe you can make product placements proportional to the number of dash you receive?

The lab interior maps have various terminals and signage prospects, I made a mock up Dash terminal display in this scene:
DP_LL-5XkAAENHg.jpg:large

Last edited:
I just realized you're not using real dash and I don't think it's a good idea to misrepresent dash being worth millions of dollars. But if it's just product placement (not points or tokens) then I'm okay with it.

Post a dash address here and see if anyone donates. Maybe you can make product placements proportional to the number of dash you receive?

OK, good ideas. I will stick with just product placement, and technical condensed infographics on terminal screens about real Dash mechanism as it exists now.

My dash address for donations is below, I will be able to put a proportional amount of work time into the GFX/Modelling depending on Dash funding received.

Any donation amount is appreciated.

XxYQivi4XmyodTa4rGcv5nXWg5PB5dDH6f

Many thanks to first funder who donated Đ 0.01.

I can now Guarantee the game will have Dash branding in it.

Last edited:
Thanks to those who have funded so far!

Started on 3D signage for city areas.

It has to be really low poly for mobile phone VR, but I insist on maximum quality, even when player gets close:

I took logo vector SVG, made it a spline and then hand optimized vertices, then extruded, just 240 in game triangles:

DQJ-6SaWkAAQpvY.png

DQJ-7SOW4AAgT5Q.png

Can you also integrate the following two straplines:
"Dash - Digital Cash" and "dash.org"

Sure thing, the 3D models are just large building signage and will have no associated bitmap textures though.

Here's a mockup of a billboard texture for ground level in city maps (5 billboard types planned). Web address color will be adjusted slightly.

The photo is something i already have license for, I will be searching for 5 higher quality photos on shutterstock this evening with these points in mind:

• multicultural
  • shopping
  • pay using phone
  • small transactions
  • fast

DQOSNAcWkAAJn77.jpg:large

123rf.com is a good site, slightly lower prices and similar selection, but I already have credits for shutterstock.

Made first production quality billboard texture for city maps:

DQOyFQ6WsAALNQ_.jpg

Last edited:
Back