• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

MEGA-"HELP! WALLET NOT SYNCING"-THREAD

Try to restart it once, we have no forks now afaik so it should "heal" itself in most cases without any additional effort from you.

If that doesn't help: got to Tools -> Show Automatic Backups - > (explorer should open a folder for you) -> go one folder up. Now close your wallet, remove peers.dat from that folder and start wallet again.

These are the most common ways to solve "stuck" problem (when network has no forks). Feel free to ask for more help if you still have issues after that.
Smart way to show him how to find his Dash folder, Udjin, instead of telling him how to find the 'roaming' path... :cool::grin:

Try to restart it once, we have no forks now afaik so it should "heal" itself in most cases without any additional effort from you.

If that doesn't help: got to Tools -> Show Automatic Backups - > (explorer should open a folder for you) -> go one folder up. Now close your wallet, remove peers.dat from that folder and start wallet again.

These are the most common ways to solve "stuck" problem (when network has no forks). Feel free to ask for more help if you still have issues after that.

Thank you for your help. After I removed peers.dat file, my wallet crashes right after I turn it on and when a message "Warning: Please check that your computer's date and time are correct! If your clock is wrong Dash will not work properly." appears. I tried restarting the PC and even tried placing the peers.dat file back to its original place - the program keeps crashing after the mentioned message. :(

Thank you for your help. After I removed peers.dat file, my wallet crashes right after I turn it on and when a message "Warning: Please check that your computer's date and time are correct! If your clock is wrong Dash will not work properly." appears. I tried restarting the PC and even tried placing the peers.dat file back to its original place - the program keeps crashing after the mentioned message. :(
That's weird :what:
Well, make sure your date/time is set correctly actually (check your windows settings). If it is ok and you still have this issue - grab debug.log from the same folder, zip it and send it to me pls, I'll have a look [email protected]

That's weird :what:
Well, make sure your date/time is set correctly actually (check your windows settings). If it is ok and you still have this issue - grab debug.log from the same folder, zip it and send it to me pls,

Hmm, seems like time was actually the problem here. Since I don't like PC automatically messing up my clock when the daylight saving happens twice a year, I always turn off this option. So I had to turn this option on and let it update the time. Now the wallet is up to date. Thank you for your prompt response and help :)

Hi
My wallet doesn't sync anymore (it is 8 weeks late). I run Ubuntu 15.04 and a fresh compiled qt wallet (neither 0.12.0.0 nor 0.11.2.23 release works).
It says there are some active connections to dash network, but even after a few hours doesn't sync. I've tried to delete ~/.config/Dash/ and ~/.dash/peers.dat but the problem's still here.
What can I do, please ?

Hi
My wallet doesn't sync anymore (it is 8 weeks late). I run Ubuntu 15.04 and a fresh compiled qt wallet (neither 0.12.0.0 nor 0.11.2.23 release works).
It says there are some active connections to dash network, but even after a few hours doesn't sync. I've tried to delete ~/.config/Dash/ and ~/.dash/peers.dat but the problem's still here.
What can I do, please ?
Try the bootstrap for mainnet, it should help: https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap

I'm having a problem with my QT wallet synchronizing after the superblock yesterday.

When I checked it this morning, there were no error messages, but it was stuck on block 448631 (the one right before the superblock). So first I just restarted the wallet - no luck, just stuck on that block still and says "Synchronizing with network..." Next I upgraded to the latest version because I realized my version was a bit old. Still stuck. Then I downloaded today's bootstrap.dat. When it started up, it gave the message of importing from disk, renamed bootstrap.dat to bootstrap.dat.old, then switched to "Synchronizing with network..." but it is still stuck on block 448631!

The debug.log has this at the end of the bootstrap.dat import:

2016-04-07 14:33:24 Block Import: already had block 000000000011285633786cd4079ad25c21d543fb77db726dea534e8131d27008 at height 447000
2016-04-07 14:33:24 Block Import: already had block 000000000010c0bc638e5b9c32225d270db39b5547d1ce66f1a4f58d159ac815 at height 448000
2016-04-07 14:33:24 ERROR: AcceptBlockHeader : prev block invalid
2016-04-07 14:33:24 ERROR: ProcessNewBlock : AcceptBlock FAILED
2016-04-07 14:33:25 ERROR: AcceptBlockHeader : block is marked invalid

And at the bottom of debug.log is a bunch of repeated messages like this:

2016-04-07 14:37:35 ERROR: AcceptBlockHeader : block is marked invalid
2016-04-07 14:37:35 ERROR: invalid header received 0000000000122ce86bf9b563507a22e828746e2d70f19e3703518526a42c258f
2016-04-07 14:37:35 ProcessMessage(headers, 43500 bytes) FAILED peer=4

which appears to be the head for the superblock.

Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on?

I'm having a problem with my QT wallet synchronizing after the superblock yesterday.

When I checked it this morning, there were no error messages, but it was stuck on block 448631 (the one right before the superblock). So first I just restarted the wallet - no luck, just stuck on that block still and says "Synchronizing with network..." Next I upgraded to the latest version because I realized my version was a bit old. Still stuck. Then I downloaded today's bootstrap.dat. When it started up, it gave the message of importing from disk, renamed bootstrap.dat to bootstrap.dat.old, then switched to "Synchronizing with network..." but it is still stuck on block 448631!

The debug.log has this at the end of the bootstrap.dat import:

And at the bottom of debug.log is a bunch of repeated messages like this:

which appears to be the head for the superblock.

Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on?
try "reconsiderblock 0000000000122ce86bf9b563507a22e828746e2d70f19e3703518526a42c258f"

try "reconsiderblock 0000000000122ce86bf9b563507a22e828746e2d70f19e3703518526a42c258f"

You are a genius - that did the trick!

Thanks!

(It might just be me, but I got a kick out of that command: "Please reconsider this block; it really is nice - you can trust it!")

I need help! My dash-qt seems to be crashed. The following is the message:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Dash\dash-qt.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact application's supprot team for more information.

I need help! My dash-qt seems to be crashed. The following is the message:

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact application's supprot team for more information.

I have already told them.
Nobody seems to care until now.

I hope they will fix the bug soon, because I have the same problem.

Last edited:
Here is a more detailed description of how I get into the Runtime Error on Windows 8:

My wallet was up and running fine and my laptop got into a screen saving mode(after a few minutes of no keyboard activity) . This caused dash-qt to lose synch with the network due to database corruption. By loading the wallet again, it started synching. While it was synching, it again got into a second screen saving mode(again after a few minutes of no keyboard activity). This time the wallet crushed and was no longer able to synch with the network. The initial error message (I did not write down) was something like "level13 error". Keep on loading the wallet then got into the Runtime Error I reported above. I also tried to copy the earlier version of backup wallet.dat into the \dash folder and loaded the wallet again. The same Runrime Error above appears.

Here is a more detailed description of how I get into the Runtime Error on Windows 8:

My wallet was up and running fine and my laptop got into a screen saving mode(after a few minutes of no keyboard activity) . This caused dash-qt to lose synch with the network due to database corruption. By loading the wallet again, it started synching. While it was synching, it again got into a second screen saving mode(again after a few minutes of no keyboard activity). This time the wallet crushed and was no longer able to synch with the network. The initial error message (I did not write down) was something like "level13 error". Keep on loading the wallet then got into the Runtime Error I reported above. I also tried to copy the earlier version of backup wallet.dat into the \dash folder and loaded the wallet again. The same Runrime Error above appears.
pls find debug.log (should be in the same folder next to your wallet.dat) and send it to me [email protected]

EDIT: debug.log received but nothing really helpful there - it looks like wallet starts normally and sync as usual..

Last edited:
@tnbdash if you are still having issues starting your wallet pls try one of the following:
1) create a shortcut to dash-qt.exe and add " -reindex" (no quotes) to "Target" field, run your wallet using this shortcut and it should reindex the whole blockchain from block 0 - this will take some time.
2) remove blocks and chainstate folders and run your wallet. You'd have to redownload the whole blockchain after doing so however and this will take even more time than option (1). You can use bootstrap.dat file to speed things up a bit https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap

@tnbdash if you are still having issues starting your wallet pls try one of the following:
1) create a shortcut to dash-qt.exe and add " -reindex" (no quotes) to "Target" field, run your wallet using this shortcut and it should reindex the whole blockchain from block 0 - this will take some time.
2) remove blocks and chainstate folders and run your wallet. You'd have to redownload the whole blockchain after doing so however and this will take even more time than option (1). You can use bootstrap.dat file to speed things up a bit https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap
Thank you very much! The debug.log I sent to you was after I recovered my wallet. I need to correct in my previous messages that the wallet crashed due to my PC get into "hybernation mode" not "screen saving mode". I recovered my wallet by 1) rename one of the recent wallet.dat in the backup folder to the \dash folder; 2)launch wallet; 3)in Tool>Repair Wallet, I clicked reindex. I suppose this is the same as you suggested to have "-reindex" in the Target field.

I think the real issue is dash wallet could crash after Windows 8 get into hibernation, which may need to be investigated.

My wallet is up and running and I can receive fund without any problems, however, I could not send dash. Here is the error message after I typed in my passcode before sending:

Assertion Failed
File: crypter.cpp Line 257
Expression false

My wallet is up and running and I can receive fund without any problems, however, I could not send dash. Here is the error message after I typed in my passcode before sending:

Assertion Failed
File: crypter.cpp Line 257
Expression false
That's a very bad one :/ This means that some of your private keys cannot be decrypted i.e. wallet could be corrupted. Copy backup folder somewhere and try to use another wallet.<datetime>.dat file as your wallet.dat. Hopefully you have also another backup somewhere else so try that one too.

Back