• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Maybe I'm just not "smart" enough to get it, but...

To everyone in this thread that has replied kindly which is all but two: Thank You! You have been helpful in discussion and stretching my brain a bit, in assisting my learning and have even provided reference material and encouragement. You are AWESOME! Way to be an example! :)

Apologies, everyone. Getting ready for my 2nd job and feel bad that I hit a low point there. Not that it should matter, but just FYI:
Wife was diagnosed with 2 brain cysts in January, and has not been able to work since December. I am the sole bread winner and housekeeper and caretaker, etc. It's rough and I try to be better than what I was a few minutes ago. I took a second to see what awesome discussion I had missed and I wasn't prepared, or in a good place, to receive Lynx comment(s) with grace. I still stand by my thoughts on the matter, but should have kept them to myself. I just want to do everything I can for benefit of my family and not lose our house, and it's taking everything I have. I slipped up and I apologize.

Now, if you have something useful to add that is helpful in getting my understanding better and closer to where I want/need to be, can offer another way to get coin that works with my needs and schedule and DOES put food on my table RIGHT NOW, I'm all ears.
Focus on your day jobs and on improving your skills, instead of writing walls of texts about how to change a crypto you barely know. Why are you wasting your time if you've only got 4h to sleep? If Etherium is more profitable to mine, just mine Etherium. When it comes time to spend it, if you want privacy, fast confirmation times or low transactions fees, convert it to Dash instead of BTC.

Last edited:
Focus on your day jobs and on improving your skills, instead of writing walls of texts about how to change a crypto you barely know. Why are you wasting your time if you've only got 4h to sleep? If Etherium is more profitable to mine, just mine Etherium. When it comes time to spend it, if you want privacy, fast confirmation times or low transactions fees, convert it to Dash instead of BTC.

C'mon, give the guy some slack, it sounds like he's in a tough situation and it can be hard to see things clearly from that kind of spot. BobDamage, I'm guessing you've already seen some of the projects aimed at putting medical records on blockchains, if not they could be worth a look. All this stuff is growing extremely fast and it's creating an expertise void, lots of opportunities and a lot of the so called "experts" are 10% ability and 90% having the balls to shout "I'm an expert!" at the top of their lungs ;)

C'mon, give the guy some slack, it sounds like he's in a tough situation and it can be hard to see things clearly from that kind of spot. BobDamage, I'm guessing you've already seen some of the projects aimed at putting medical records on blockchains, if not they could be worth a look. All this stuff is growing extremely fast and it's creating an expertise void, lots of opportunities and a lot of the so called "experts" are 10% ability and 90% having the balls to shout "I'm an expert!" at the top of their lungs ;)

Thanks for the back up, Stan! :)

Why do you keep asking questions I've already answered? This not YOUR thread. You waltzed in here misunderstanding because you can't be bothered to read enough to comprehend. Last I checked, forums were for anyone who wishes to discuss ideas, and that's what I'm doing. It's not my fault you look at a "wall of text' that's about 30-60 seconds to verbalize and want to act like MY discussion with adults is a personal insult to you. This discussion is not about you or your vanity. Participate in a helpful and respectful manner or go somewhere else.

@BobDamage
I gave you a link to documentation to better understand Dash, and you actually did throw multiple, direct, personal insults at me. I gracefully ignored all of them and gave suggestions on how to put food on your table and get some coin, just like you asked, and you come and attack me again. Maybe you were onto something when you wrote the thread's title. I'm out, have fun.

Funny story: Guy walks into a forest of very tall trees with an axe in hand. He picks a little 10 foot tree and starts chopping away. The tree quickly falls in the direction of the cuts and lands on the guy. He doesn't understand why the tree would do that and blames the tree for attacking him . The tree should've known better and grown in some other forest.

Funny story: Guy walks into a forest of very tall trees with an axe in hand. He picks a little 10 foot tree and starts chopping away. The tree quickly falls in the direction of the cuts and lands on the guy. He doesn't understand why the tree would do that and blames the tree for attacking him . The tree should've known better and grown in some other forest.
Story of my life.

Everyone is a snowflake nowadays...

Back