• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode Ubuntu 14.04 x64 questions

qwizzie

Hi guys,

I recently setup a masternode with the help of some excellent guides in here and the masternode is running fine but i want to be prepared in case i need to update the Masternode. Can you guys pls look through below commands and check if i got it correct or if i need to change something or add something. thanks.
(I'm running darkcoind as newly created user btw, not as root, also extraction of darkcoind happens on my windows pc and i will use WINSCP to place it on the server)

Update without protocol change

./darkcoind masternode debug
./darkcoind stop
rm ./darkcoind (or maybe just dump new extracted darkcoind on older darkcoind with help of WINSCP ?)
chmod +x ./darkcoind
rm ~/.darkcoin/peers.dat
./darkcoind
./darkcoind getinfo
./darkcoind masternode list | grep $IP

Update with protocol change

./darkcoind stop
rm ./darkcoind (or maybe just dump new extracted darkcoind on older darkcoind with help of WINSCP ?)
chmod +x ./darkcoind
rm ~/.darkcoin/peers.dat
./darkcoind
start MN from cold wallet
./darkcoind getinfo

Update with protocol change & command-option reindex

./darkcoind stop
chmod +x ./darkcoind
rm ~/.darkcoin/peers.dat
./darkcoind --reindex
start MN from cold wallet
./darkcoind getinfo

Last edited by a moderator:
extraction of darkcoind happens on my windows pc and i will use WINSCP to place it on the server)

Unless you have a much faster than average upload speed it'll be a lot quicker to pull the new version on the server end than to download it at home and then scp it back up.

# get latest version
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/d...binaries/master/darkcoin-VERSION-linux.tar.gz

# unpack the tarball
tar xfvz darkcoin-VERSION-linux.tar.gz

#extract the daemon to the current working directory - note the '.'
cp darkcoin-VERSION-linux/bin/64/darkcoind .

# cleanup the unneeded stuff
rm -rf darkcoin-VERSION-linux
rm darkcoin-VERSION-linux.tar.gz

And you only need the './' when you're calling an executable (in this case darkcoind), to tell the system to look for it in the cwd instead of /usr/bin or wherever, but just do 'rm peers.dat' or chmod +x darkcoind' or whatever to rm or chmod something in the cwd.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for yr reply thelonecrouton, to be honest i do have higher than average upload speed (rather fast cable internet) so the file gets uploaded fast.
Any mistakes i made in de commands that needs correcting ?

Back