• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode private send mixing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Client wallets cannot log mixing. Only the specific masternode performing that specific mixing session can log it. I believe @UdjinM6 can confirm this?
Yes, the mixing masternode sees the whole picture of one specific session and no single client can figure out who 2 others are. But if not so many users are mixing then few colluding clients can try to look for txes they have in common and try to follow the 3rd participant. If they are lucky enough they can even catch few rounds but, again, only if number of users is low. For interactive mixing protocols it's really crucial how many non-colluding users are mixing at some point of a time.

I tried asking this in the Q4 thread, but perhaps that was the wrong place as I didn't get a response. Was thinking about ways to make private sending more efficient while hoping for a way to make rewards available to non-Masternode operators. see below

Is incentivizing mixing on a wallet level a possible way to offer staking rewards to everyday users? Currently, the only ways that rewards can be earned are through mining and operating a Masternode. If we incentivized mixing we would increase the pool for private sends while drawing in new users by offering an alternative path for them to earn rewards. Maybe the rewards could be a small percentage of the MN And Mining Rewards? Not sure how that would work, but I believe it would pay for itself with the additional users, larger private send pool, and the increased market cap we would get from offering a service like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back