• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode got delisted and i can't restart it

madeyes

Foundation Member
Hi,

two days ago my MN stopped working and i don't know why.

I am hosting it on Vultr, the server status is "running".

...i tried logging in via putty and first tried "./dash-cli stop".
But i get the error message "error: couldn't connect to server".

Why is that? I do not understand why it won't let me connect to my server which is Vultr says is running.. :(

(I am hosting another node which has the exact same setup and runs just fine.)

Hi startale, you get this error because the deamon crashed (99% sure) so when you want to stop it, there is nothing to stop as it is not running anymore.

You can check if it works by typing: ps aux - if the client works than you`ll see dashd working, if not you simply have to start the deamon by: ./dashd

What I`d suggest you is to setup automatic restart by doing this:

AUTOMATIC RESTART
-----------------
nano mn_watch.sh
paste the below lines into the mn_watch.sh

#!/bin/bash
if [ -z `pidof dashd` ]; then
./dashd -shrinkdebugfile
fi

ctrl+x --> yes to save

chmod u+x mn_watch.sh

crontab -e
paste the code in the new crontab

@reboot dashd
*/10 * * * * /home/YOUR_USER/mn_watch.sh
-------------------

Hope it helped :)

Cheers

splawik

Thank you splawik21

...and i thought "error: couldn't connect to server" meant my physical Vultr-server ^^.

Will try to start via the usual ./dashd first.

What exactly does the automatic restart setup do? Does it really check if the server is up and running and if not, it automatically restarts?
That would be awesome :)

Yes that is right. It check each 10 min if the deamon is running if not starts it automaticly so you do not lose the queue in payments :)

My MN can still not be found on dashninja.pl... I have no idea what's going on. I have probably missed something :sad:

Will check again tonight, gtg to work now

What version are you using?
Delete peers mnbudget mnpayments and mncache and start the node again. Use v55 not any other.

I have been using v55 since release so that's fine.

I just deleted peers.dat, budget.dat, mnpayments.dat and mncache.dat but my node won't show up on dashninja 30 mins later

Back