• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode bandwidth costs have doubled

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a significant increase in data transfer amounts lately. I'm using Amazon EC2 instances and my bill has doubled this month. The data transfer section of my bill shows upwards of 96GB of data transfer and only the first 1GB of data transfer is free :/ This seems like a really high amount of data transfer for a month (2 MNs) or is this reasonable?

I just look back at my bills up to Jan and the data transfer amount for May is definitely way out of line. Seems to be steadily increasing each month and then for May it really took off :/

Jan - 25GB
Feb - 30GB
Mar - 40GB
Apr - 60GB
May - 107GB (so far)

Last edited by a moderator:
Broken down to 1 single Masternode I have on average (roughly):

Jan: 14 GB in, 15 GB out
Feb: 17 GB in, 18 GB out
Mar: 27 GB in, 29 GB out
Apr: 39 GB in, 41 GB out
May: 37 GB in, 39 GB out (+ the remaining days)

Increasing data volume just means more and more people are using the Masternode services, which is a good sign for Dash.

In the long run switching to a VPS provider with unlimited traffic is probably the cheapest way to go.

Ahh ok, that makes sense as too why the bandwidth keeps going up. Guess that's a good thing for Dash :). Unfortunately I'm in a year+ contract with Amazon so can't switch to another VPS anytime soon. Thanks again for clearing this up!

So, I'm still a little unsure about this. Is it true that our MNs could be pushing this much data through in a month? For the first two days in June, my data transfer in/out is already at 5GB. I thought block chain transactions were fairly small in size (~1MB per block)...

Broken down to 1 single Masternode I have on average (roughly):

Jan: 14 GB in, 15 GB out
Feb: 17 GB in, 18 GB out
Mar: 27 GB in, 29 GB out
Apr: 39 GB in, 41 GB out
May: 37 GB in, 39 GB out (+ the remaining days)

Increasing data volume just means more and more people are using the Masternode services, which is a good sign for Dash.

In the long run switching to a VPS provider with unlimited traffic is probably the cheapest way to go.

What's are some good VPS providers with unlimited traffic?

Back