• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Master Node Ubuntu ISO Watch

ScioMind

Hi there! New to the forum, relatively new to Darkcoin, but not new either to cryptocurrency or linux.

I have seen elsewhere that it was planned to eventually create Ubuntu ISOs for running a Master Node. I think this is a great idea, as is should make the setup process as simple and secure as possible (if it is done right).

The purpose of this thread is for anyone to post information relating to the release of such ISOs, either to let us know when they are planned to be available or actually are available, and to point us to reliable instructions for deploying such ISOs. So, if anyone has any information related to this...please share!

There is nothing yet and I would not expect it in the near future. All things masternode related are quite new and there is not enough stability as to provide an ISO image. In the last week alone we had around 10 updates of the software and one included a significant change for masternode owners because it introduced some key generation. The image would be outdated before it was released!

Ok, understood. In that case, where could one find the best (and most recent) information possible regarding setting up a SECURE master node? I am going to search these forums of course, but if someone "in the know" could post this it would be very helpful.

Back