• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mass adoption: Reducing the fee to 0 ?

PabloS

Concerning mass adoption, I do have some concerns. In my country in France, my bank account is free, my credit card is free. When I pay a coffee with my credit card, it is an instant payment and there is no fees. So really this system is fast and totally free for me. Why would I change my habits and use a cryptocurrency where I have to pay fees every time I buy something ? (I am well aware of the advantages of Dash comparing to all the other cryptocurrencies, that is why I am really into Dash since I discovered crytpo in december 2016. But I also observe that keeping some fees could be a problem.)

So right now, I think this will really slow down or even prevent mass adoption in my country. On the other side, I do think merchants will be interested, but without users it will not go that far.

If I understood correctly, it will be soon possible for Dash to buy and to own assets. Once an investment done, it will allow to make profits without using the treasury. My question is, will that serve to reduce the fees or even to pay it completely instead of users paying it ?

So, in a nutshell, will the fees will ever be reduced to 0 with Dash and how do we plan to implement it ?

Thank you for your answer. So if I understand correctly if we have a 0 fee policy for transactions, some ill-intentioned people will try to spam the network. But there is at least one cryptocurrency that I know that have transaction that cost 0, and they don't seem to meet that problem yet. So in your opinion they will meet this spam problem in the future ?
And so what if we could find a solution preventing spam but still having 0 fees ? Can anybody think of anything ? I promote dash as much as possible around me but I really meet difficulties convincing new people when I tell them they will have to pay some fees, even if its few cents.
I did convinced a lot of people to buy dash, but they do it more as an investment than for the utility.

Thank you for your answer. So if I understand correctly if we have a 0 fee policy for transactions, some ill-intentioned people will try to spam the network. But there is at least one cryptocurrency that I know that have transaction that cost 0, and they don't seem to meet that problem yet. So in your opinion they will meet this spam problem in the future ?
And so what if we could find a solution preventing spam but still having 0 fees ? Can anybody think of anything ?

There is a solution. Vote the numbers and adaptive-transactions-fees (similar to adaptive proposal fee).

Maybe @GrandMasterDash or @Pietro Speroni could explain to you better.

Last edited:
If you have some time, you might find this in-depth interview with Ryan Taylor from several months ago to be interesting, about the payments sector, cryptocurrencies and Dash:

https://soundcloud.com/heryptohow/r...on-and-joel-williamson-of-defense-distributed

This is the kind of stuff people really need to pay attention to but it doesn't tend to get out there that much. Part about dash starts at about 8 minutes in -

In depth interview? You make me laugh! There is only in depth white paper, or in depth written questions and answers. No oral interview (by a single journalist) can be "in depth".

Thank you for your answers. Very interesting interview about Dash and Evolution in particular. It does answer my question about the transaction fee. I understand that with Evolution the transaction fee will be paid by the merchants and not the user. This information will help me a lot when convincing people to buy and use Dash (It will be so easy with Evolution)

Thank you for your answers. Very interesting interview about Dash and Evolution in particular. It does answer my question about the transaction fee. I understand that with Evolution the transaction fee will be paid by the merchants and not the user. This information will help me a lot when convincing people to buy and use Dash (It will be so easy with Evolution)

Also, don't forget that your bank doesn't really do all those great services for free. They just don't. They would go out of business, wouldn't they?

They might not charge you directly. They might squeeze it out of the merchants, who then pass that cost on to you, but I assure you, you are paying for those services.

Do you want to do business with a company that has sneaky ways of charging you that you can't even see, or Dash where you see the price of every transaction.

IOTA coin has no fees. (IOTA is new coin that gets better and faster when there's more transaction supposedly)

I think DASH team also working to reduce fees, watching last dashforce.

No fee will be great, I hope dash network keep on working on new improvements to

bring out the best feature of many crypto out there.

IOTA coin has no fees. (IOTA is new coin that gets better and faster when there's more transaction supposedly)

I think DASH team also working to reduce fees, watching last dashforce.

No fee will be great, I hope dash network keep on working on new improvements to

bring out the best feature of many crypto out there.

The correct solution is vote the numbers and adaptive transaction fees. The solution @GrandMasterDash described here..
And we should be able to vote also negative numbers.
Why not incentivize people to do transactions, by giving them money for that?
I mean real transactions made at real merchants.
Negative transaction fees (when buying from a real merchant) will make dash economy to start, and it may transform dash from the collectible item it is today, to real money.

Last edited:
Back