• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Lowering masternode collateral to 100 pre proposal

Everyone please look at this post on Reddit and it's comments, at least half are saying to invest into other coins. My point exactly on why this needs decentralized to allow all users an interest to get into Dash.
We don't want all users. We want the ones who "get it" and no retards holding us back. Unfortunately, there's still a lot of bagholders from way back who are retarded.

Essentially, we already have enough drunken homeless people on the board of directors. We don't need any more.

We don't want all users. We want the ones who "get it" and no retards holding us back. Unfortunately, there's still a lot of bagholders from way back who are retarded.

Essentially, we already have enough drunken homeless people on the board of directors. We don't need any more.
I'd take a retards money any day idk what your talking about lol

I'd take a retards money any day idk what your talking about lol
Taking money from retards, and affording them a seat on the board of directors, are not the same thing. You're the one who suggested it, so don't tell me you don't know what I''m talking about... It's your subject matter...

Taking money from retards, and affording them a seat on the board of directors, are not the same thing. You're the one who suggested it, so don't tell me you don't know what I''m talking about... It's your subject matter...
There is absolutely no proof once so ever that a wealthy person is a smart person. The general public (everyone who owns any form of Dash) should have a vote on how they want the coin to evolve. Everyone has a voice and should be able to use it.

There is absolutely no proof once so ever that a wealthy person is a smart person. The general public (everyone who owns any form of Dash) should have a vote on how they want the coin to evolve. Everyone has a voice and should be able to use it.
I've met only a few rich dumbasses.
I've met tons of broke dumbasses.

No rule is absolute, but there is a definite demographic split. Denying it is silly.

They don't seat homeless, clueless drunks on the board of directors of any random company said homeless drunk "demands" to be sat at.

This is not a society. This is not a government. Only those fit to have a say, get a say. This is the whole point. Working as intended.

Losers don't get a voice in the direction of money. If you can't prove that you are good with money and understand how it works by actually having a big fat pile of it, then you[re not fit to make these decisions. Hell, we still have too many unfit parties running masternodes from the old days...

We don't need more idiots on the board of directors, we need fewer. If that's "mean," and you wanna go invest in a different coin, I'll be glad to buy your DRKs.

Yaarrr! Man the harpoons! Thar be SJW whales with weak hands!

Is that 7DRK "sell wall" your's? Lols!

Last edited:

No rule is absolute, but there is a definite demographic split. Denying it is silly.
Ah so let's say there was a proposal sent in to lower the masternode reward to 40% for any reason. Who is going to vote yes for that?

In a centralized system(the current system) absolutely no one... your messing with the rich and wealthy paycheck who has all the power to vote against the minorities and will gladly still take everyone's money.

In a decentralized system where everyone is receiving the same benefits, you never know maybe.

The general public (everyone who owns any form of Dash) should have a vote on how they want the coin to evolve. Everyone has a voice and should be able to use it.

Everyone already has a voice and is able to use it. Everyone has a power to vote using their wallet and their feet: if he doesn't like the direction, the project is going, he sells his shares.

Everyone already has a voice and is able to use it. Everyone has a power to vote using their wallet and their feet: if he doesn't like the direction, the project is going, he sells his shares.
So is that our answer for everyone who wants incentives and to vote? Sell your Dash we don't care about you? If so that is a terrible way to treat Dashs community.

Its an obvious problem and if you all want to disregard it then so be it. The numerous problems masternode shares is a long list and its receiving a blind eye.

Another "sell your Dash and the problem is solved" answer :/

Sorry, I was only saying that because I think the implications of what you are saying are far greater than you realise. A lot of long term dash users have come to realise that core are quietly working on things that address some of the issues you talk about.

Your experience of who you met is irrelevant. That's bar talk. That's why a branch called sociology exists and studies that kind of stuff so they can make objective conclusions on more than just a few observations from @camosoul during his sunday walk. Please, bring some studies that support your claims.

The thing some of you folks don't UNDERSTAND, it that WE [some of us here] ARE part of the community that has been HERE FOREVER!!!

A decision was made and you were not here - cry me a fucking river - BOO HOO!!! BITCHES!!!

1000 DASH per Masternode is the NORM - DEAL WITH IT !!!

AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN - ...............................

I WILL ALWAYS VOTE NO FOR THIS TYPE OF PROPOSAL !!!!

IF YOU WANT A MASTERNODE - THEN BUY ONE LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE DID!!!!

UNDERSTAND .....
- WE ARE HERE FOREVER !!!
- TILL DEATH, WE ARE HODLING !!!

[edit] - you can troll me all you want @MizzyMax - IT WON"T CHANGE A THING !!!!

Last edited:
Wow, it's been a while I hadn't seen somebody getting that crazy and agressive instead of calmly talking. Seeing such few of this kind of behavour actually reminded me on how respectfull and open-minded community we are. I actually think that is one of our greatest strenght, tolerance and respect of the other's idea !

Thanks everyone !
Thanks, I was hoping to just raise awareness on this topic really. Not to get completely bashed.

But I just wanted to share that masternode shares isn't as appealing as it may seem. And that there are other options or routes we can take instead. That's all I wanted to share and get us thinking about.

Sorry, I was only saying that because I think the implications of what you are saying are far greater than you realise. A lot of long term dash users have come to realise that core are quietly working on things that address some of the issues you talk about.
It's alright we are cool and I understand, fixing how masternodes work is a pretty big task it's not like flicking a switch and I totally agree. But my point is we shouldn't waste time on creating masternode shares if the system really doesn't work great and has flaws that would need constant work and will never be perfect. Our time would be so much better spend finding other solutions i think.

I thought maybe if we happen to come up with a good possible solution for decentralizing nodes that is agreed upon by the majority, we would simply put in a proposal and allow masternodes to vote on it. if it passes we hope that core changes their game plan and creates a better solution.

Always remember the Dash community is always the ones running the show. If we see something we want changed altered or done we can always propose these things to the network to control how these groups develop if necessary.

I just thought it was a very good point to bring up to discuss and needed some thought put into it before we go down the wrong route possibly.

The only reason to reduce masternode collateral requirements is when it is decided that we need more masternodes to support the network. Period.

You just listed a whole bunch of problems with masternode shares. "It may not be perfect" well let's make it perfect.

You're right. From what I hear it will be in due time.

The challenge is timeline. You said perfect, and I agree. That takes time to make the best solution with the best economic incentives possible, and I hear with Evolution that will be the case.

So to summarize, yes there might be a problem, yes a solution would be good. In this case, the solution is probably simply to wait.

So is that our answer for everyone who wants incentives and to vote? Sell your Dash we don't care about you?

No, and you either misunderstanding or twisting my words.

My point is that everyone has a voice and voting power. Even if it's not encoded in the protocol.

Its an obvious problem and if you all want to disregard it then so be it.

No, it's not an obvious problem, because at least one person - me - doesn't see the problem.

Back