• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Lost masternode.conf file

ponysauce

Hello!

I have backed up my wallet.dat file, however, i never backed up my masternode.conf file. When my hard drive crashed, I moved my wallet.dat file to a new computer, however now I cannot seem to access my masternode funds to return them to me. I had about 2500 Dash total in these masternode accounts. I do not know their public keys because they were in the masternode.conf file. Surely there must be a way to recover this dash using the private keys in my wallet.dat backup?

Thanks

You need only wallet.dat and your password for that, if you want send your funds to another wallet.
masternode.conf is not needed to send funds.

First unlock your funds with coin control, then send them.

EDIT: this is for hot - cold setup.

Hello!

I have backed up my wallet.dat file, however, i never backed up my masternode.conf file. When my hard drive crashed, I moved my wallet.dat file to a new computer, however now I cannot seem to access my masternode funds to return them to me. I had about 2500 Dash total in these masternode accounts. I do not know their public keys because they were in the masternode.conf file. Surely there must be a way to recover this dash using the private keys in my wallet.dat backup?

Thanks

masternode.conf file didnt hold your coin, your coin should be in your wallet.dat. do you see 2300 on your wallet or do you see any transaction history ? if not then you should import wallet private key (not public key) and check again.

Back