• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Lost Coin] - i send Dash to address in Ledger Nano S - but coin not show in balance

sweet.candy1568

hi all!

Help me, please!

i get address in SIGN MESSAGE in Ledger Nano S (XrysSX9HYAfWpf41VUjARDNWiVYDUC88is)

i send DASH to it, but not show in balance (no balance, no transaction)

https://mydashwallet.org:3001/insight/address/XrysSX9HYAfWpf41VUjARDNWiVYDUC88is

Do not know where DASH is now?

please help me find it

thank you very much!
sign_messenge.png

show address.png

no balance.png

Hi Candy! I need to know a bit more before we can help figure out what went wrong. I have a few questions:
  • What were you trying to do?
  • What did you expect to happen, and what happened instead?
  • Is XrysSX9HYAfWpf41VUjARDNWiVYDUC88is your address?
  • What was the content of the signed message you receive, why did you send Dash there?
  • The address has a balance of 0.039 DASH, is that yours?
Hope we can get it sorted out!

Hi Candy! I need to know a bit more before we can help figure out what went wrong. I have a few questions:
  • What were you trying to do?
  • What did you expect to happen, and what happened instead?
  • Is XrysSX9HYAfWpf41VUjARDNWiVYDUC88is your address?
  • What was the content of the signed message you receive, why did you send Dash there?
  • The address has a balance of 0.039 DASH, is that yours?
Hope we can get it sorted out!
i user tool "Ledger wallet bitcoin" for send/receive DASH, i view address in my Nano S have address is XrysSX9HYAfWpf41VUjARDNWiVYDUC88is Because I think I'll get it

I see the dash wallet on the ledger has 2 types of accounts (m/44'/5'/0' and 44'/5'/1')

I checked both of them, but they did not see the 0.039 dash that I sent

Currently I do not know where it is and how can I find it?

help me, please!

thanks Mod!

If you want to send something to yourself using Ledger, you should use the "Receive" option under a specific account. That way you know for sure where it is going.

That being said, the Sign Message screen does contain a list of addresses belonging to your device. Unfortunately, it does not list the derivation path, so it is not clear which of your accounts that address belongs to. I would suggest taking a look at this Ledger page and possibly try the "Reset Application Data" option. It is possible the app is just not syncing properly.

The good news is that based on what you described, I think your funds are probably fine. Oh, also you may find some assistance on the Ledger reddit.

If you want to send something to yourself using Ledger, you should use the "Receive" option under a specific account. That way you know for sure where it is going.

That being said, the Sign Message screen does contain a list of addresses belonging to your device. Unfortunately, it does not list the derivation path, so it is not clear which of your accounts that address belongs to. I would suggest taking a look at this Ledger page and possibly try the "Reset Application Data" option. It is possible the app is just not syncing properly.

The good news is that based on what you described, I think your funds are probably fine. Oh, also you may find some assistance on the Ledger reddit.
I tried the way you instructed but failed

thanks!

reset app.png

I too am having a similar problem and needing help.
I used the ledger Nano S to sign a Dash message from the tools in the ledger chrome app.
The address came from the pool of addresses that the Ledger had available.

I then received DASH to that address.
However, the ledger Nano does not show that address, as part of the DASH accounts.

I have confirmed that the funds are in the address through the blockchain.
I have updated all firmware and apps on Ledger
I have refreshed the application data

I need to know how to view and manage the funds in the address that was used to sign the message

Something weird is happening between the point where you sign a message using the private key for that address, and the point where you say "the ledger Nano does not show that address". I don't have Ledger Nano, but this sounds like it should be impossible. I recommend you try Ledger support, forums and Reddit for help, since this does not seem to be a Dash problem (although Ledger owners here may be able to help you).

Something weird is happening between the point where you sign a message using the private key for that address, and the point where you say "the ledger Nano does not show that address". I don't have Ledger Nano, but this sounds like it should be impossible. I recommend you try Ledger support, forums and Reddit for help, since this does not seem to be a Dash problem (although Ledger owners here may be able to help you).
I 100% agree it is a Ledger problem. I got the address to sign from the ledger, but the ledger does not show a balance on that address. Although I can see it on the blockchain. I reported it to Ledger . will post an update in case others have the same issue

Back