• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Locked "Dash Announcements" thread on BTC?

At least a year now since I gave up my role as Trolljegeren. I do kinda miss it. I've just been lounging about in my hot tub filled with the blood of the weak hands... I got fat!

DASH Evolution will be a complete departure... I figure it deserves a new ANN thread. Most people still have no idea that we gave up coinjoin a long damn time ago. They're so used to clonecoins' non-development cycle that they've never bothered to look. They think they know already... ...cryptotards...

I think it'll still be mixing denominations though?? Damn, I can't wait for January!!!

Well, back to the trolling, at least for me, it's best not to make decisions during an attack. I for one get to emotional, and wound up.

Ah, will read your post Camo :) There is also another speculation thread somewhere :) It'll be fun to see how close we get to reality, no?

It may make sense to lock the DASH ANN thread when it's officially DEAD and we're on to DASH Evolution, which is slated to be not just a completely different take on it's own development, but on the entire concept of cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency for grown-ups.

Well, back to the trolling, at least for me, it's best not to make decisions during an attack. I for one get to emotional, and wound up.

Ah, will read your post Camo :) There is also another speculation thread somewhere :) It'll be fun to see how close we get to reality, no?
Annoyingly, the trolls may be our own, trying to pull the price down to buy in before January...

Because, you know, pre-mine...

LOL, it just makes me jealous because I have no money to invest. I wish I could buy more! Ugh!

Anyone got a script to go through the post history on BCT and delete everything? It takes a hell of a long time and I'm probably not the only one that will want to reduce their exposure there. Not that they'll be gone without a trace but its less guilt by association.

do we even have that ability? 50 pages were just wiped out, but I still saw a bunch of trolling, so what did they delete? Anything important?

do we even have that ability? 50 pages were just wiped out, but I still saw a bunch of trolling, so what did they delete? Anything important?

Lol, I'm deleting all bar one or two of my posts there and I think they kind of followed suit, you know, speculators ;D I guess they found out it resembles work and gave up after a few pages though, I really should have wrote a script for it as its an absolute pain but its most of the way through now. I'm not saying anything more on the block bloat btw, I'm probably way off the mark anyway but those leeches can start figuring things out for themselves.

Cheers for re-posting Toks post with the Roger Ver vids btw as I'd missed them the first time around. I really wasn't sure what to make of some of the early folks but they're showing their colours now. I'll definitely be making an account at bitcoin.com and the same thing with Erik Voorhees and Shapeshift, something good for everyone and not just a select few monopolists.

Came across a really old post Gavin had replied to when I was deleting, that whole blocksize debate got just the same kind of scumbag trolling the Dash threads have been getting but much worse and god only knows what other angles they where coming at him from, that guy did a hell of a lot and was really tempted just to PM a "Thanks". Those bastards tried to kill an idea and take over what it created, can't kill ideas though ;)

Anyway, I'm rambling and its way past my bedtime, laterz.

Omg, now they've made Dash trolls so they've got someone to argue with... there'll be folks visiting that thread as a virtual zoo if they keep it up. Yeah.. bed. Night.

Here's my final post (I hope) over at BCT:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More mass deletions happening.
Yet troll comments are still up.
Interesting....

After further review, there is a fairly simple explanation.

Bitcoin Maximalism

Bitcoin Maximalism is the belief that Bitcoin is in fact the One Coin To Rule Them All. The "first mover advantage" is strong with this one. Bitcoin was the first crypto currency to gain world wide attention. According to this belief, all problems within Bitcoin can be solved either internally (block size debate) or as a supplementary feature (sidechains). The true believers of Bitcoin Maximalism must use strategies of crush and absorb when better ideas come along. This will maintain their position for as long as possible. There are VERY large stake holders that are betting on Bitcoin.

An excellent example of this problem solving is DASH. There are inherent weaknesses in Bitcoin that have been revealed after field testing. Transaction speed and fungibility are easy to point out. DASH has implemented vast improvements in these (and other) areas that Bitcoin will find challenging to absorb. Therefore, it must be crushed.

The Mods of this forum are true believers in Bitcoin Maximalism, and they have far and away the most popular crypto forum on the Internet. Why not use the platform to your own advantage? Some of the best and brighest minds in the industry freely post their ideas here. This helps Bitcoin by getting free business intelligence. Trolling on online forums is not new, and is even worse in some corners of the web. People who have time and money invested in Altcoin A sometimes think that trolling Altcoin B will help A succeed. This in turn starts all out war when Alcoin B attacks Altcoin C, who in turn attacks Altcoin A. Ask yourself who stands to gain by this activity? The Bitcoin Maximalists of course. The term for the army of Monero trolls congregating here is "useful idiots".

What can be done?

The initial first-mover advantage will last for a period of time, only to be replaced by the "Fast Follower". Ford Motor Company was the first mass produced manufacturer of cars. Within a short time, General Motors was outselling them by offering something Ford would not. By following a stragtegy of innovation, combined with focusing on getting the word out, DASH has an excellent chance of succeeding in the Digital Cash realm.

Mesh networks just came up on the BCT ann thread, I was going to post this reply there but thought better of it. Fwiw:

A few years back with Bitcoin there was a hard push for a micropayment wifi access system that could run on regular routers and possibly tie in with a mesh network, bounties and such. There's a huge amount of potential for something like that, it could cut national network infrastructure down to superhighways and links between population centres and possibly add a regional component to networks (the further you go the more it costs, local cheap or free) that imho is vital for moving real-world governance online. I've no idea what happened to it, there was some promising progress and then it just seemed to fade away.

Mesh networks just came up on the BCT ann thread, I was going to post this reply there but thought better of it. Fwiw:

A few years back with Bitcoin there was a hard push for a micropayment wifi access system that could run on regular routers and possibly tie in with a mesh network, bounties and such. There's a huge amount of potential for something like that, it could cut national network infrastructure down to superhighways and links between population centres and possibly add a regional component to networks (the further you go the more it costs, local cheap or free) that imho is vital for moving real-world governance online. I've no idea what happened to it, there was some promising progress and then it just seemed to fade away.

This mesh network thing (or, better MASH, the DASH mesh network :wink:) is really a very interesting subject, and I have already seen many talks on the BTC community about creating a BTC mesh network in order to gain autonomy (ex. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=666425.0 )

Since I first learned about this subject my "curiousity" about networks grew and made me try and try and try to get to something useful, :oops: but my newbie nature does not let me go much further...

Anyway, I wonder if it is possible to set up a mesh network to serve a surrounding region (and the more nodes spring up, the wider the region would be). This mesh network would, of course, work independently from the main Internet, no need for the many nodes to be connected to an ISP, but, still, some random nodes would serve as a bridge to/from the main Internet, in order that it would be possible to run even Masternodes on this mesh network. And these mash networks could be interconnected worldwide through these bridges.

Regular users could connect their DASH nodes (exemple, mobile wallets) even if they do not have Internet access, if they are within reach of the MASH network's wireless signal.

This idea would be even more awesome if our DASH cubesats were part of this mesh network, interlinking remote regions of the globe :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a lot of them about but all the ones I've heard of have the same issue with payments, its either a company charging to provide it as a service or users contributing to it and subject to the tragedy of the commons. Incentivise the things and it should grow and grow, charges rise in weak or remote areas so there's an incentive for extra bridges or commercial internet access points and it shouldn't be all that complicated, the same kind of "here's how its done" page as when you connect to a restricted access network and probably a multisig address you can put funds into to be used as needed.

A bit more info on some existing ones:
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/99b179fc-e9e2-11de-ae43-00144feab49a.html
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2003/feb/08/internetcosts.consumeraffairs

I can already see it; Linksys/Cisco WRT54g custom mods that will soon have a pay-per-use feature. The broadcast SSID will be the DASH address and once a payment is received, the Internet connection opens up. The only tricky thing to overcome is to only allow the person that paid, and not just any user connected to the wifi, to use the Internet. But, this can be accomplished with a splash screen on the router where a user can authenticate their computer/ip/mac with a signed message.

I'd thought more along the lines of free access at dialup kind of speeds and then pay for extra capacity with a small fee at each stage and the bulk of the fee at whatever point accesses the regular internet so it's much lower cost than an internet connection if you're just using the local network. It'd probably need some sort of sliding scale based on how much bandwidth was available so bottlenecks become expensive to incentivise extra connectivity around them but it probably wouldn't be needed. Saw this earlier but not had a chance to read through it yet, open source so may be adaptable:
http://www.technologyreview.com/news/516571/build-your-own-internet-with-mobile-mesh-networking/

(Lol, just realised, we're going just a little off topic :) )

Back