• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

LLMQ/MN PoSe questions to Dash devs

osnwt

Hi!

I have a question related to banning masternodes which do not work properly.

Am I correct assuming that in Dash 0.14 the only way to ban invalid masternodes (say, registered without actual server or externally inaccessible) is via DKG session exchange? That is, if some MN fails participating in DKG for new quorum, its ban score increases according to docs, and this is the only one way of checking MN service?

If so, as example, in a small abused network (say, personal test net) if you have, say, 100 good and 50 bad masternodes with LLMQ "50 members/40+ valid" they may never be banned because to increase a ban score you need a valid quorum which may never be formed (you have near 33 good nodes, 17 bad nodes, no quorum 40+, no punishment).

I understand that in real Dash network it's not the case due to high number of valid masternodes. But in a small network it looks like a serious problem. Is it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, you do need a quorum to form successfully to increase the ban score of bad nodes. Typically on a devnet, you would have control over the nodes so it should not really be an issue.

Back