• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

List of future development ideas

Knowing the return address isn't problematic, it's just a one-time throwaway pubkey, there are 2^160 of them, we're not going to run out anytime soon. And the 2^160 space can be easily extended anyway. Some inbuilt mechanism to ensure they aren't ever re-used would be good though.
I don't want to decide what is problematic or not.
Therefor the coolest thing would be that everybody involved knows as little as possible about each other.
Basically I want a customer to know my website, and to wanna buy my product, but me not knowing SHIT about him, only that he made the payment and that I have to send him the serial back. I will not know where to send it, I will simply somehow make a "blind reply" to his request...

Ofcourse this would only work for software-related products.

I don't want to decide what is problematic or not.
Therefor the coolest thing would be that everybody involved knows as little as possible about each other.
Basically I want a customer to know my website, and to wanna buy my product, but me not knowing SHIT about him, only that he made the payment and that I have to send him the serial back. I will not know where to send it, I will simply somehow make a "blind reply" to his request...

Ofcourse this would only work for software-related products.
A pubkey is a blind reply, it tells you nothing. We'd need IP obfuscation to make comms untraceable by parties monitoring the network though.

Isn't Evan already working on this - the Dark Transit 3-masternode process. There's a diagram floating about somewhere... edit: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-update-july-30th.1924/

DarkID
- A universal encrypted ID that must be used to access any DarkNet features.
- Exists as a "cointainer" a DarkCoin attributed to you containing anything you want.

DarkVote
- A voting platform used to focus and organize the community to prioritize and execute, with optional bounties available to those who complete feature requests.

DarkMessage
- An alternate messaging platform where email is sent as HTML and parsed using the latest technology.

I think that for these concepts scope needs to be limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
DarkID
- A universal encrypted ID that must be used to access any DarkNet features.
- Exists as a "cointainer" a DarkCoin attributed to you containing anything you want.

DarkVote
- A voting platform used to focus and organize the community to prioritize and execute, with optional bounties available to those who complete feature requests.

DarkMessage
- An alternate messaging platform where email is sent as HTML and parsed using the latest technology.

I think that for these concepts scope needs to be limited.

Very interesting concepts.

DarkMessage has been discussed as an encrypted messaging service to conduct business discussions relating to sales and commerce, negotiations etc.

DarkVote is a concept that has been lightly touched upon by myself and most likely others but I have not heard anything about this yet from the development team.

How would a DarkID system work? It could potentially help me with my charity project's distribution management. Could it be a micro Dark container instead of a full Dark (a Duff), maybe with an optional functionality where ID could be verified by an authorized party (at the discretion of the client user of course), could this help with voting (maybe it could be invisible in the wallet and only called upon at need?) that could really help avoid potential scammers and stuff like that from trying to fake rights to charity node payments and other similar services, or people trying to pass themselves off as someone else for voting or claiming rights…

Maybe the user could modify some parameters in this cointainer (if it was related to voting as well as other DarkService) to indicate location and the system could anonymously filter which votes the user would like to be included in, if voting one day encompasses other things than Darkcoin related voting…. For example, living in Canada I might not be as interested (or qualified to vote) on cultural landscape management questions (example of a subject, should this be built or not in this area) in a remote locality of India, as I am for Canada. Thinking along the same lines, different subjects usually attract different people ( and people change during their lives and are interested by different things earlier or later…) so could different fields of interest be identified in the container and modified at need. I also think some would be universal like questions of freedom and human (or animal) rights….

I also think this goes beyond limited scope for right now…. but one day, who knows ;)

First. We have to think small. As small as we can, and use the ideas to solve the problems we have--so that we can become more efficient. There's nothing worse then putting in a lot of effort into something for a result which is uncertain--and getting nothing.

The features I mentioned, I think of them on a darkcoin.com/darkcointalk.org level--small scale stuff.

I would offer my services as a front end developer / designer on something small, with one caveat: it has to be something I am interested in using as a user (portfolio: https://www.behance.net/SeanJM, git: https://github.com/SeanJM)

There is a catch, I think a DarkID is a foundational feature, because it is the anonymous foundation for everything else--especially if it unifies accounts on different services that cannot be linked to an individual. You can log into the boards using a DarkID instead of an email, the DarkID is linked to your wallet so you can also receive payments to it, and it offers a level of obfuscation to the wallet address--this is something I cannot create. To encourage this to develop, I can offer my services as a front end designer for something else...

I believe one of the key things that will promote mainstream adoption are secure wallets for the competing phone OS's. To this end ... DarkZ, I have some experience coding for Android. Would you be willing to help me with the front end design while I hack away at the back end code for an Android wallet? The bounty for this from the Darkcoin Foundation is @ 372DRK for this, if incentive is your cup of tea - I know it's mine.

If that interests you, send me a PM and we'll talk privately.

Back