• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

lets take down bolivar using #Firstdashwallet and facial recognition

first way of ID is through biometric later that can be used for other IDs etc using web of trust whatever

Was wondering if some existing open ID project could simplify things and was suitable or had been ported to Dash and someone suggested Factom. Looks good at first glance but not really dug into it yet, any thoughts?

I'd support something like this. #FirstDashWallet was, indeed, a fantastic campaign. Fraud prevention would be key, of course, to launching it again -- even I noticed some repeat faces in my social feeds. I can only imagine how many repeats Amanda or whomever processed them saw.

If that problem is addressed, I'd definitely vote for another campaign.

I'd support something like this. #FirstDashWallet was, indeed, a fantastic campaign. Fraud prevention would be key, of course, to launching it again -- even I noticed some repeat faces in my social feeds. I can only imagine how many repeats Amanda or whomever processed them saw.

If that problem is addressed, I'd definitely vote for another campaign.
facial recognition software is about 99% accurate ( we can have a manual process on top it if there's a conflict , which the system automatically flags )

Was wondering if some existing open ID project could simplify things and was suitable or had been ported to Dash and someone suggested Factom. Looks good at first glance but not really dug into it yet, any thoughts?
factom only works once you have proper ID set-up it doesnt work for those who have none , also nothing is easier than simply take a selfie to get paid $5 etc

factom only works once you have proper ID set-up it doesnt work for those who have none , also nothing is easier than simply take a selfie to get paid $5 etc

Maybe but it's also fairly easy to take photos of 20 random strangers for a free $100. Not sure about Venezuela but phone networks here will give sim cards out for little or nothing. they'll ask for ID but they don't verify it, just take down the details. Get the ID right and this could be a big thing, a different city each month for ex. and expand out, maybe $20 for a shopkeeper referral etc.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against the simple approach but I think it has a lot of potential beyond a simple giveaway. Idk, maybe the ID problem is unsolvable without some sort of state verification (passports, driving licence etc.).

Yes true that's exactly why we need to have otp verification as well.

Getting a sim card is very hard in developing countries and having more than few is restricted

Facial recognition along with otp verification is the best combination I can think of for the little $5 we are giving , its just enough you motivative but not enough to really think hard about hacking the system

Last edited:
Back