• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Legal: The Dash Pledge

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
I think there's a need for the dash foundation / core team to draw up and agree to a pledge. We can enforce this using the same law firms used in the legal proposals, and we can embed / link to such commitments in the dash blockchain. If we can have legal arrangements with external bodies then we sure as hell can have legal protection for the MNOs themselves.

I'll start it off, further suggestions welcome.

The dash foundation / core team will use the budget and governance system to uphold:
  1. Any material change to the dash budget and governance system using said mechanism.
  2. Any attempt to introduce a Masternode Compliance Programme or similar.

attachment.php

Also:

• (a) The immediate identification and lifetime ban of anyone found to be aiding or colluding with external organisations / agencies with the intent to intercept or inject malicious code or spyware that might interfere with the privacy or security of MNOs or individual dash users.
  • (b) Individuals may seek compensation (a reward) from the blockchain when providing information that leads to individuals in part (a).

Also:

• (a) The immediate identification and lifetime ban of anyone found to be aiding or colluding with external organisations / agencies with the intent to intercept or inject malicious code or spyware that might interfere with the privacy or security of MNOs or individual dash users.
  • (b) Individuals may seek compensation (a reward) from the blockchain when providing information that leads to individuals in part (a).

I mean if we're gettin all technical and legal and what not, why not, right?

edit: Maybe we can get our new lawyers to do an AMA, and we ask them the best ways to protect the integrity, privacy & purpose of the MN network above all else. They do work for the dash blockchain right? We can ask them questions publicly, I would hope?

I mean if we're gettin all technical and legal and what not, why not, right?

Exactly. As with the Legal proposal and related, it would strengthen our proposition to external parties and also demonstrate to end users our commitment to their privacy.

So let's say hypothetically, the Lamassu Compatible ATM Dash Software never actually gets installed on any machines that go into service.

How would b) work?
  • The one that ousted the project gets 10 Dash.
  • Would there also be a refund proposal to reimburse masternodes for the failed proposal? After all, those funds should have been used to increase their investment instead.
  • Or would there be another proposal to "creatively" recover the funds from the proposal creator?

So let's say hypothetically, the Lamassu Compatible ATM Dash Software never actually gets installed on any machines that go into service.

How would b) work?
  • The one that ousted the project gets 10 Dash.
  • Would there also be a refund proposal to reimburse masternodes for the failed proposal? After all, those funds should have been used to increase their investment instead.
  • Or would there be another proposal to "creatively" recover the funds from the proposal creator?

This is not so much about failed proposals but more about protection for MNOs and end users. It's conceivable that core developers will be compelled by, say, a government agency to weaken or subvert the code, and thus we need an environment that encourages the uncovering of such behaviour. We need our developers to be open and honest.

Have we not all entered this project with good faith that the DASH devs are honest and open as they can be in the course of associated business ?
The possible value of a legal department on retainer, or directly engaged for study, should be borne by those who may get most perceived benefit from that expense.
Best
rc

Somewhat related/another possibility: It had occurred to me that development may need to occur offshore, that USA developers may eventually need to leave the USA for a more crypto friendly jurisdiction, Isle of Man, for instance...then what?

Somewhat related/another possibility: It had occurred to me that development may need to occur offshore, that USA developers may eventually need to leave the USA for a more crypto friendly jurisdiction, Isle of Man, for instance...then what?

Yes, and this is the same problem with the Legal proposals being submitted, that they are initially US based. Such meddling might conceivably lead to messy situations e.g. rules for AML / KYC or some kind of Masternode Compliance Programme etc. And thus I suggest that any US directed Legal proposal should be equally met with a commitment to the network as a whole.

Back