• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Latest version required to get paid?

martinf

Hi,

I remember reading that in order to for masternodes to get paid they need to run the latest version. This works well as an incentive to keep all nodes up to date.

The official Dash client download page list the required version for MN operators.
So, is there some slack here or is this rule strict? E.g. am I allowed to run one or two revisions old and still get paid?

I remember reading that this rule check was implemented, but not activated (at the time of reading), but that was a long time ago (roll out of v12 perhaps), so this is probably not valid anymore.

The reason I'm asking is if one should have automatic updating of the client or not. Manual updates are generally safer, but could lead to missed payments if one is to slow I guess.

Your node has to be on the latest protocol version, but not necessarily the latest version. If the latest version includes a protocol bump, you must update to keep getting paid.

Back