• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

KuvaCash - Follow Up

RealMrHack

I just visited kuvacash's website, all they have is a single page with sparse information, and NO DASH branding whatsoever.

They keep seeking large sums of funds from the treasury to build this product which seems contrary to dash interests.

Isnt it time we consider questioning what they are really building, and how it brings ROI to DASH?

I will second that - most likely this is just a scamcoin looking to get free money, from us and all the other people offering it. I could be wrong, but there's little to be positive about.

They are building a very simple yet effective exchange service so that the country of Zimbabwe, and later on other African countries, can gradually be converted to using primarily dash.

At the very least it will provide excellent information about digital currency adoption in third world countries whose local currency has been completely decimated.
In the best case, saving a country and dash to the moon.

I will second that - most likely this is just a scamcoin looking to get free money, from us and all the other people offering it. I could be wrong, but there's little to be positive about.
Kuvacash is not a coin, it is a dash wallet which makes it as easy as possible for Zimbabweans to switch between fiat and dash.

TBH I'm as guilty as anyone for voting in proposals without knowing who they really are. I have a day job, so there is a limit to how much time I am willing to spend on it. My view is that we should pay people to evaluate proposals, to help us vote.

To be honest, there's plenty of information out there. You know an independent team is making a documentary about KuvaCash right? You'd think we would hear if there was nothing happening. You have seen this interview?

Do you follow the KuvaCash channel on Discord? Regular reporting occurs.

Yeah, there's *tons* of information all over this forum about KuvaCash. Using the search function isn't that hard, @RealMrHack . They've consistently put out updates (primarily youtube videos) and kept in close contact with both Dash Core and Dash Watch. I'm not sure what the people in this thread are talking about...

Max Yoga is a long time community member and Dash holder, this is a serious attempt at getting the foot in the door
in Zimbabwe, KuvaCash has had to navigate around the banking laws regarding crypto exchange to get where it has.

I'm interested to know what the status of this is now that the Central Bank has banned banks from intergrating with organisations that 'deal' in cryptocurrencies.

I'm interested to know what the status of this is now that the Central Bank has banned banks from intergrating with organisations that 'deal' in cryptocurrencies.
That decision was overturned by the High Court of Zimbabwe. True, that’s being challenged by RBZ, but you can see that a banning is far from a done deal.

That decision was overturned by the High Court of Zimbabwe. True, that’s being challenged by RBZ, but you can see that a banning is far from a done deal.

@TaoOfSatoshi So I am the applicant in the court case (on behalf of our company Golix) and we just submitted a response to the RBZ's response. Our legal team advises us that the back and forth of legal papers could go on for months to come.

While I am advised by our legal team not to comment on the matter, what I can say is that we do not have bank accounts (they were all frozen) and the biggest mobile money provider shut us down too. No one will touch us with a 30 yard pole.

Eager to learn how they are getting around this huddle, if at all

I noticed an announcement in April of them securing an ADLA licence from our Central Bank, however, after the 'ban' was wondering whether this cancelled their licence or changed the terms of it.

Ideally I should be contacting James about this, if here's he, maybe he could DM me?

Stronger together than strictly looking at KuvaCash as a rival, gives more lobbying strength to the effort.

Awesome. Is @Max Yoga part of their team or just an adviser?

Hi William,
Am happy to connect you with James, he's currently in Harare now, and can perhaps explain a few things about our operating model and ADLA. I'll PM you directly. We're also not an exchange, we connect to exchanges for the on-off ramps to USD, so would be good to have a chat about that as well.

Thanks,
Drako

Hi William,
Am happy to connect you with James, he's currently in Harare now, and can perhaps explain a few things about our operating model and ADLA. I'll PM you directly. We're also not an exchange, we connect to exchanges for the on-off ramps to USD, so would be good to have a chat about that as well.

Thanks,
Drako
Hey there @Max Yoga sounds great. Happy to chat, I'll PM you my number that you can pass on to James

Back