• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Just Started + Potential Upgrades?

Thorkil

Hey all, just started with cryptocurrency a few days ago (more specifically the x11 algorithm because bitcoin is utter hell) and have a few questions regarding my current hardware and possible GPU upgrades.
First things first: I'm a PC gamer so power use isn't high on the worries list.

I am currently running an AMD FX-8350 (CPUminer 1.3 @ 60 kh/s/core) along with an Nvidia GTX 760 (CCminer 1.2 @ 2300 kh/s) and a Nvidia GTX 560ti (CCminer 1.2 @ 1400 kh/s,) is this a fair starting point?
(And yes I know there are newer versions of CCminer but idk how to compile it yet so... Eventually)
And thanks to Star Citizen going alpha for the persistent universe later this year *glee* I was considering a GTX 970 or 980, should I use two more for mining or just hunker down with twin 750tis?

Any general tips would also be appreciated~

Thankee-much!

Dont spend much money on the mobo/cpu if you're planning on more mining rigs, an old dual core will be fine for 2 or more GPU's.I suggest a 2nd computer of old bits mining in the background, even a single core will do 1 card.

There won't be a mining rig, this is just going to be my main PC digging away when I'm afk for a few hours or asleep.
Not trying to make a living off of it, just some extra cash (and get a bit of experience doing market trading)

Dont spend much money on the mobo/cpu if you're planning on more mining rigs, an old dual core will be fine for 2 or more GPU's.I suggest a 2nd computer of old bits mining in the background, even a single core will do 1 card.
Uh, a single core will be fine for as many GPUs as you can cable tie onto the crate. :)

Back