• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Jumping into the game

devx81

Just bought myself a pile of parts to build a DRK rig. Ignoring ROI (I have all the time in the world, and expect DRK to do good things), and I have a source of free elec (workplace utilites are included in rent), how does this sound?

Mobo: 1x ASRock BTC Pro
PCIe Riser: 6x USB 3.0/Molex powered risers
RAM: 1x 4gb Kingston Value (on mobo approved list)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3240
PSU: eVGA 1000W Modular
Video Cards: 4x MSI 750 Ti OC

Build cost of around $750, found some good used/refurb deals.

I have two 660 Ti's running on my home PC, that I no longer game with. Might bring them in and put them on this rig. My work PC has a 770 in it which is crunching at about 2.0 MH/s (My home 660 Ti's do about 2.2 MH/s ea.)

Hoping for 10-15 MH/s (total), depending how the 750 Ti's perform. Any thoughts for someone new to it all but a real tech head geek looking to get started?

Hi devx81, I am have two GTX 780 Ti OC making abount 5.5 MH/s each. I am using the miner mentioned here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/new-ccminer-v1-2.1461/ seems to work very well for nvidia.
Here some stats (one card)...
Untitled.png

I did get it going. Some tweaks yet to be done and I'll post my specs/info. Currently I have the 4x 750TI's and 2x 660 Ti's in it. (the 660's were from my home pc that I did not need any longer). I am fighting with those damnable cards (temps, crashing drivers, running 500/khash/s less than the 750's, etc..) so I have two more 750 Ti's on the way for an even 6. I was mining straight DRK, but I think at the moment my best bet is to hit a multipool (trademybit at the moment is what I use) get paid out in BTC, then exchange that over to DRK.

Nice rates on that 780 Ti. I am getting ~2400-2700 per 750 Ti and ~ 2000 per 660 Ti. So close to 12-14 MHash/s right now. When I get those blasted 660's out of there it should be a very stable 15-16. Very happy with this card (MSI GTX750 Ti TwinFrozr Gaming). I snagged the first 4 @ $114/ea factory refurb, and got my next 2 @ $134/ea. OC'ing +150 MHz on the core on each of the cards so far.

I did get it going. Some tweaks yet to be done and I'll post my specs/info. Currently I have the 4x 750TI's and 2x 660 Ti's in it. (the 660's were from my home pc that I did not need any longer). I am fighting with those damnable cards (temps, crashing drivers, running 500/khash/s less than the 750's, etc..) so I have two more 750 Ti's on the way for an even 6. I was mining straight DRK, but I think at the moment my best bet is to hit a multipool (trademybit at the moment is what I use) get paid out in BTC, then exchange that over to DRK.

Nice rates on that 780 Ti. I am getting ~2400-2700 per 750 Ti and ~ 2000 per 660 Ti. So close to 12-14 MHash/s right now. When I get those blasted 660's out of there it should be a very stable 15-16. Very happy with this card (MSI GTX750 Ti TwinFrozr Gaming). I snagged the first 4 @ $114/ea factory refurb, and got my next 2 @ $134/ea. OC'ing +150 MHz on the core on each of the cards so far.
Man I had no idea that the 750ti had maxwell tech in it its absolutely an incredible bang for the buck hashing power and if you pay for electricity it's incredible for that as well. I currently have a malfunctioning 680 getting 2.6-2.8 Mhash/s that I've got an RMA approved which will likely be replaced with a 770. Since reading this thread I've purchased a 750ti and if EVGA send me back a new 770 I'll try to sell it unused for ~300 and then buy another two 750 ti's the computing power in these maxwell cards looks to be incredible for amount of cuda cores alone but even crazier that it uses so little power.

Back