• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is my masternode dropping out of payment list?

edificio

Hello,

I'm wondering if my masternode is dropping out of the rich list and then automatically joining it again?
Every time i've run ./dash-cli masternode list full | grep IP it says ENABLED.

And on dashcentral it's been saying OK every time I looked. But one of my masternodes has been running for almost 7 days, and according to (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XpTkZx3fcTW2zEFgaYnMryCTzY8GyMHFmi) it's rank 4798 on the rich list, while my other masternode i started 2 days ago is rank 4840. Shouldn't it be moving faster up the rich list?

My VPS is the 5 dollar one from vultr with:
1 "CPU"?
768 mb memory
1 TB bandwidth

I don't know how many Ghz the cpu is, doesn't say. Is this enough? Could that be the issue?

In that case, would setting up a SWAP file help? Or do I have to migrate to a faster server?

Any help would be much appreciated!

You'll have to wait a bit longer, after starting the first payment cycle is skipped to prevent folks hopping on and off. About every 7 days after that but it's a long wait for the first :/

I'll give it a few more days.. :) Would the masternode drop out if it ran out of RAM?

If the graph on vultr can be trusted then my CPU seems to be doing fine:
Capture.PNG

I'll give it a few more days.. :) Would the masternode drop out if it ran out of RAM?

If the graph on vultr can be trusted then my CPU seems to be doing fine:
View attachment 2927

You're not using a script to manage it? If you've not set up anything to restart it if it goes down then it would stay off so your RAM shouldn't be an issue, 12.1 is out in a few days though and you'll need at least 1GB for it. That will mean restarting and upgrading anyway so it could be worth checking out the dashman script, it's by one of the core developers:
https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman

That will mean waiting for 2 payment cycles all over again though, getting started with a masternode can be frustrating :/

Back