• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is it safe to store DASH on DASH Core Wallet on my regular online laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I was just wondering if it's safe to keep about 50 or so dash on my Dash Core Wallet on my laptop that I use for every day stuff... What do you think is the possibility that I lose my DASH if I did this and not kept these DASH offline?

Simply do the backup of the wallet and you can keep them there. Always remember to keep it under the password :)

That's the approach I use. But I'm also careful about which sites I browser. I have my normal every day sites that I trust but anything which looks suspiciously different I use my mobile. It's more protected than my laptop and doesn't have my online wallet.

A good firewall and antivirus / malware helps too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the approach I use. But I'm also careful about which sites I browser. I have my normal every day sites that I trust but anything which looks suspiciously different I use my mobile. It's more protected than my laptop and doesn't have my online wallet.

Thank you for your kind response. What DASH wallet are you using on your phone?

Hey guys! I was just wondering if it's safe to keep about 50 or so dash on my Dash Core Wallet on my laptop that I use for every day stuff... What do you think is the possibility that I lose my DASH if I did this and not kept these DASH offline?
If i were to keep Dash on a laptop that i use for everyday stuff, i would at least use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Premium) and do a scan before opening and using that Dash Wallet.
Also make sure that you are using a decent OS, as older OS like Windows XP has very weak security. And of course have a good antivirus program installed and be very carefull with clicking
on links in emails from people you do not know.

Make sure your wallet is encrypted and as last protection measurement you can have your wallet.dat further encrypted through Winrar and secure it there with a strong password. Just unrar
the wallet.dat when you actually want to use the Dash wallet.

Last edited:

Use Linux instead of Windows and you don't need to care about viruses any more. Use Open Source OS. Bitcoin, Dash are also Open Source.

If you have enough crypto assets, I would buy a Trezor and use Beta.Trezor.com.

Pablo.

What Pablo suggests actually works great. The beta-wallet.trezor.io works seamlessly with the DASH qtwallet. Store the majority of your crypto currency assets offline on Trezor, and leave smaller amounts in your wallet for everyday transactions. The same way we use our leather pocket wallets with our fiat currency. We wouldn't roll around town with our entire life savings when simply going to the mall.

Here you can test and study password strength and how easy\hard it is to crack.

https://password.kaspersky.com/

This is not AD :)

passsample.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back