• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Internet bandwith usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

DashQ8

Hi! New to the forum and back on mining after a few years dedicated to other ventures
My question is, how much internet bandwith do I need for mining dash? Using the D3 in a pool. It's a 5 Mbps plan enough for 50 machines?
I looked for any tip about this during hours on this forum with no success
Thanks

In general, bandwidth is not a concern when mining. A 5 mbps plan is probably sufficient for over 200 miners assuming your latency numbers are good. Even using a LTE modem with only 2 bars and sub 5 mbps speeds I was getting decent enough latency to run around 50 machines with only about 0.10% stale shares. There is no benefit to more bandwidth but you should look into your latency to ensure you're not getting a high rate of stale shares.

Thanks Kelvin! Are services like speedtest.net good enough to check the latency of my internet connection or you have any suggestion of something better?

Thanks Kelvin! Are services like speedtest.net good enough to check the latency of my internet connection or you have any suggestion of something better?
Generally you should run in a terminal window “ping “stratum ip address” to test that. There are some more comprehensive guides to setting the right pool address based on latency out there but generally the closer the server the lower the latency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back