• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Interesting criticisms of DASH. Thoughts?

Here is a post worthy of sharing. Monero's modus operandi didn't change at all from its early days.

upload_2016-3-21_17-11-47.png

I would advocate against bashing Monero and just letting them do their stuff.

From my own personal research Monero's use of ring signatures arguably gives it better anonymity but as many others have mentioned, the other benefits stop there. I also believe there are other concerns on the scalability of such a blockchain.

I went into the Monero community when I was considering accepting them and there was of course a wide range of characters but I had many unpleasant encounters with some of their characters and some people who seem to have all the time in the world to bash every single Dash thread. I was told that the dev official team cannot control their users when I brought this up which is fair enough (we have our own whackos in the Dash community) but I think when the lead dev himself is leading the charge, that sets a precedent.

Development wise, Dash seems to be doing a lot more and I think we should just focus on that rather than trying to respond to constant Monero trolls or hating on them. I believe if we have a good FAQ on this and just officially state our views on the issue there is no further point to engage with them.

What we really need are people who have the know-how and creativity to attack the system. The cheapest way to do it is when testnet is running full bore (which I hope will happen soon). 12.1 will not be Evolution, but there will be a ton of improvements in it (it'll be a big update) and I hope we can get some white hats in there to help test it. Hell, make 'em blackhats. We're still small enough to take a few hits, so I'm sincerely hoping people are trying to attack Dash and aren't succeeding or that they'll find weaknesses that we can patch. Of course I don't want anyone to get robbed, but inconvenience would be a small price to pay :)

I would advocate against bashing Monero and just letting them do their stuff.

From my own personal research Monero's use of ring signatures arguably gives it better anonymity but as many others have mentioned, the other benefits stop there. I also believe there are other concerns on the scalability of such a blockchain.

I went into the Monero community when I was considering accepting them and there was of course a wide range of characters but I had many unpleasant encounters with some of their characters and some people who seem to have all the time in the world to bash every single Dash thread. I was told that the dev official team cannot control their users when I brought this up which is fair enough (we have our own whackos in the Dash community) but I think when the lead dev himself is leading the charge, that sets a precedent.

Development wise, Dash seems to be doing a lot more and I think we should just focus on that rather than trying to respond to constant Monero trolls or hating on them. I believe if we have a good FAQ on this and just officially state our views on the issue there is no further point to engage with them.

My feelings exactly. I'm still pretty new to Dash so I've been reading a lot and the fighting between Dash and Monero is quite childish. I understand the urge to answer them but let's try to do it in a mature way. And having to repeat the same questions again and again is not easy/fun so a clear faq that answers those questions would help.

Most important thing is developing and testing and then the moon!
(I would be ok with some weakesess that get patched and the temporary price dip gives me to opportunity to buy a MN :cool:)

If Blonero comes up with a good idea, whell, guess what? We can vote on implementing it as part of DASH.

I've said it dozens of times... There are a lot of good ideas in crypto, but one idea in a stand-alone coin doesn't do a damn thing. SpreadCoin has a neat idea. Peercoin's Proof of Stake evolved into Proof of Service which we now have.

A car isn't just a box of screws. It's a collection of parts that work together. Not just a tire. Single ideas are un-useful, even if interesting. Putting them together properly is what makes a winning machine. The Ponzi menatality of Cryptotards has gone a long way to undermining this simple notion. Woo, another coin that does X! Even if X is a new and cool, it's still just X.

This is what has Blonero all bent out of shape. It started out as a race between anon-capable coins. Blonero rests on what it did that one time a few years ago. They done nothing new, made no changes or developments. Added no new features or functionality. Nothing. Taking shots at DASH's constant progress is all they've got. I'm not bashing Blonero. Even as I call it Blonero. Just like Bitcoin, Monero was an experiment. Just like Bitcoin, Monero fanboys didn't learn from that experiment and just keep harping because baghold.

There might well be ways DASH's anon/priv can be improved. But it's just part of DASH, not the whole thing. Evolution is an enormous vision. Anon/priv is Blonero's only feature (implemented in a way that can never truly work), and they have no intention of ever doing anything else with it. Monero, like Bitcoin, was a necessary experiment. Failing to learn from it and move forward is their mistake(s). No one is stopping them from doing something more than Ponzi their bags from 2 years ago. But, that's what they do... And the only way to keep that bag from deflating is to FUD on. As is typical of all Crypto Ponzi crapola.

DASH is doing something. A whole lot of it.

Monero hasn't done squat in 2 years except talk shit and ignore the problems their experiment exposed.

Mich like Bitcoin hasn't done anything about it's extreme hash consolidation in spite of it's hash power. Created boomerang payments! Can't decide to increase blocksize. Issues which brought about, and then exposed, extreme corruption and hubris in the ranks of it's elite. So much for escaping the banksters, eh?

Sitting around hyping/hating/denial doesn't fix anything. DASH is the only Crypto in motion.

If Blonero comes up with a good idea, whell, guess what? We can vote on implementing it as part of DASH.

I've said it dozens of times... There are a lot of good ideas in crypto, but one idea in a stand-alone coin doesn't do a damn thing. SpreadCoin has a neat idea. Peercoin's Proof of Stake evolved into Proof of Service which we now have.

A car isn't just a box of screws. It's a collection of parts that work together. Not just a tire. Single ideas are un-useful, even if interesting. Putting them together properly is what makes a winning machine. The Ponzi menatality of Cryptotards has gone a long way to undermining this simple notion. Woo, another coin that does X! Even if X is a new and cool, it's still just X.

This is what has Blonero all bent out of shape. It started out as a race between anon-capable coins. Blonero rests on what it did that one time a few years ago. They done nothing new, made no changes or developments. Added no new features or functionality. Nothing. Taking shots at DASH's constant progress is all they've got. I'm not bashing Blonero. Even as I call it Blonero. Just like Bitcoin, Monero was an experiment. Just like Bitcoin, Monero fanboys didn't learn from that experiment and just keep harping because baghold.

There might well be ways DASH's anon/priv can be improved. But it's just part of DASH, not the whole thing. Evolution is an enormous vision. Anon/priv is Blonero's only feature (implemented in a way that can never truly work), and they have no intention of ever doing anything else with it. Monero, like Bitcoin, was a necessary experiment. Failing to learn from it and move forward is their mistake(s). No one is stopping them from doing something more than Ponzi their bags from 2 years ago. But, that's what they do... And the only way to keep that bag from deflating is to FUD on. As is typical of all Crypto Ponzi crapola.

Monero hasn't done squat in 2 years except talk shit and ignore the problems their experiment exposed.

Mich like Bitcoin hasn't done anything about it's extreme hash consolidation in spite of it's hash power. Created boomerang payments! Can't decide to increase blocksize. Issues which brought about, and then exposed, extreme corruption and hubris in the ranks of it's elite. So much for escaping the banksters, eh?

Sitting around hyping/hating/denial doesn't fix anything. DASH is the only Crypto in motion.
Well said.

I do not care about Monero. Stop talking about Monero. This is completely irrelevant to the substance of the topic. Responding to criticisms about DASH by pointing out how shitty the person's motivation is, or how much their project sucks, does not accomplish anything. Is it so hard to just stick to the point?

Hai stranger

Back