• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Integration Team / VISA Debit Team? (& note about alts)

Molefish

I heard on a recent interview that Evan said we need integration teams to help on-board other companies and projects out there for Evolution.

I would love to be a part of this but I don't know where I could be useful.

I also sincerely want to know if there is any work currently being done to get us a VISA Debit similar to Shift card which Coinbase has for BTC users. If there isn't then please someone outline what we need to do to get this going... perhaps that could be what one of the integration teams works on?

I'd seriously love to see this solution come about and I know there's a lot of roadblocks inherent in trying to do this... but I want this so I'm willing to help where possible. Most of my skills have to do with data entry and talking to people so I don't know how to help development-wise but I'd be more than happy to help with integration if any of my skills apply.

If we have a VISA Debit card that works in the USA then all the rest of it will come so much more easily as end users using Dash on a fundamental level is what is needed. Yes, Evolution and the App store will be amazing, but I need to be able to use Dash nearly everywhere and this the only way I know how to do it - it's what liberated my bitcoin experience as an end user... I just want to engage in commerce dammit! (and I'd rather use Dash but it's not currently truly possible >.< )

I feel like we gotta do this before any other alt coin to stop being considered as an alt coin, lumped in with the likes of Zcash and Etherium .... ew gross!

Monero will never be looked at right by regulators so don't think of them as real competition.. Dash is literally the only 'alt' which has a real chance as it could be used in a good actor/compliant way with it's open ledger but also provides optional privacy.

That's the thing we need more options, something like Monero can't do that with an opaque ledger... the banks hide their ledgers - it's part of why I don't like them, so why would I trust this thing any more than I trust them?

Anyhow enough for now... sorry to rant thanks for your time and consideration.

I heard on a recent interview that Evan said we need integration teams to help on-board other companies and projects out there for Evolution.

I would love to be a part of this but I don't know where I could be useful.

I also sincerely want to know if there is any work currently being done to get us a VISA Debit similar to Shift card which Coinbase has for BTC users. If there isn't then please someone outline what we need to do to get this going... perhaps that could be what one of the integration teams works on?

I'd seriously love to see this solution come about and I know there's a lot of roadblocks inherent in trying to do this... but I want this so I'm willing to help where possible. Most of my skills have to do with data entry and talking to people so I don't know how to help development-wise but I'd be more than happy to help with integration if any of my skills apply.

If we have a VISA Debit card that works in the USA then all the rest of it will come so much more easily as end users using Dash on a fundamental level is what is needed. Yes, Evolution and the App store will be amazing, but I need to be able to use Dash nearly everywhere and this the only way I know how to do it - it's what liberated my bitcoin experience as an end user... I just want to engage in commerce dammit! (and I'd rather use Dash but it's not currently truly possible >.< )

I feel like we gotta do this before any other alt coin to stop being considered as an alt coin, lumped in with the likes of Zcash and Etherium .... ew gross!

Monero will never be looked at right by regulators so don't think of them as real competition.. Dash is literally the only 'alt' which has a real chance as it could be used in a good actor/compliant way with it's open ledger but also provides optional privacy.

That's the thing we need more options, something like Monero can't do that with an opaque ledger... the banks hide their ledgers - it's part of why I don't like them, so why would I trust this thing any more than I trust them?

Anyhow enough for now... sorry to rant thanks for your time and consideration.
just to clarify:
integration team
means
coding integrations
(payment systems and such)
please post your tech skills and sure they will be considered

Thanks for that, what's the name for the team who tries to get something like a VISA Debit functionality... would that be part of compliance or outreach or what do you call that? Is there a team already doing this? Would it be part of marketing/adoption?
We'd need to be prepared to approach folks who already do this to see if Dash can be included, or a way to make new relationships and solutions along those same lines. I don't have the type of tech background to help with coding, so I apologize for using the wrong terminology... either way I don't see Americans caring to adopt something like Dash unless we get these types of solutions out and useful soon.. bitcoin adoption is happening but slowly and it does already have some of this utility already.

I realize a lot of this has to do with out of house solutions such a platform like Coinbase or something similar which Dash itself wouldn't have to necessarily construct itself, but either way something like this feels crucial to me as an end user. I want reasons to use Dash, I love it in concept but until I can freely engage in commerce with Dash as my store of transferrable value it's way to limited for me to recommend it to anyone - I already have a hard time on boarding bitcoin users.

Here's an example - my wife didn't care about bitcoin at all until I could send her out to go shopping with it. Now she uses it all the time and other folks around me are starting to as well... but only because of Coinbase and Circle - the majority of the population won't adopt unless it's easy and similar to the traditional system.

Thanks for the reply - should we rename this thread so it's not too confusing then?
just to clarify:
integration team
means
coding integrations
(payment systems and such)
please post your tech skills and sure they will be considered

Thanks for that, what's the name for the team who tries to get something like a VISA Debit functionality... would that be part of compliance or outreach or what do you call that? Is there a team already doing this? Would it be part of marketing/adoption?
We'd need to be prepared to approach folks who already do this to see if Dash can be included, or a way to make new relationships and solutions along those same lines. I don't have the type of tech background to help with coding, so I apologize for using the wrong terminology... either way I don't see Americans caring to adopt something like Dash unless we get these types of solutions out and useful soon.. bitcoin adoption is happening but slowly and it does already have some of this utility already.

I realize a lot of this has to do with out of house solutions such a platform like Coinbase or something similar which Dash itself wouldn't have to necessarily construct itself, but either way something like this feels crucial to me as an end user. I want reasons to use Dash, I love it in concept but until I can freely engage in commerce with Dash as my store of transferrable value it's way to limited for me to recommend it to anyone - I already have a hard time on boarding bitcoin users.

Here's an example - my wife didn't care about bitcoin at all until I could send her out to go shopping with it. Now she uses it all the time and other folks around me are starting to as well... but only because of Coinbase and Circle - the majority of the population won't adopt unless it's easy and similar to the traditional system.

Thanks for the reply - should we rename this thread so it's not too confusing then?

hey
no worries about the title - all clean now

daniel / @Minotaur is leading Business Development under which falls Debits cards and such as well

not sure if you know but we have x amount of Debit Cards accepting Dash by now , i am not in the US+A so i am not sure which once work in the US but some should do - i imagine :rolleyes:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Debit+Cards

coinbase and circle .... sorry i have no info on that , maybe somebody else can ship on that thought

Back