• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

InstantSend from the CLI

JZA

Wonder how to send InstantSend from the command line. I have search through the wiki and only could come with something that might be outdated.
The following command line argument guide list it as:
InstantX options:
-enableinstantx=<n> Enable instantx, show confirmations for locked transactions (bool, default: true)
-instantxdepth=<n> Show N confirmations for a successfully locked transaction (0-9999, default: 5)

However the dash-cli doesn't really mention anything regarding instantx. Is this someone only a daemon feature. I couldn't even get dashd to show me a help file saying that there was no rpc functionality anymore.

Is there a way that this can be change dinamically.

Last edited:
Wonder how to send InstantSend from the command line. I have search through the wiki and only could come with something that might be outdated.
The following command line argument guide list it as:
InstantX options:
-enableinstantx=<n> Enable instantx, show confirmations for locked transactions (bool, default: true)
-instantxdepth=<n> Show N confirmations for a successfully locked transaction (0-9999, default: 5)

However the dash-cli doesn't really mention anything regarding instantx. Is this someone only a daemon feature. I couldn't even get dashd to show me a help file saying that there was no rpc functionality anymore.

Is there a way that this can be change dinamically.
Don't know about current version, but in 0.12.1 instantsendtoaddress will be available.

instantsendtoaddress "dashaddress" amount ( "comment" "comment-to" subtractfeefromamount )

Send an amount to a given address. The amount is a real and is rounded to the nearest 0.00000001

Arguments:
1. "dashaddress" (string, required) The dash address to send to.
2. "amount" (numeric, required) The amount in btc to send. eg 0.1
3. "comment" (string, optional) A comment used to store what the transaction is for.
This is not part of the transaction, just kept in your wallet.
4. "comment-to" (string, optional) A comment to store the name of the person or organization
to which you're sending the transaction. This is not part of the
transaction, just kept in your wallet.
5. subtractfeefromamount (boolean, optional, default=false) The fee will be deducted from the amount being sent.
The recipient will receive less bitcoins than you enter in the amount field.

Result:
"transactionid" (string) The transaction id.

Currently it's "sendtoaddressix", to see more info - "dash-cli help sendtoaddressix"

I see does InstantSend is provided by the merchant or the costumer. As far as I have read, the only one that the merchant can do is provide an address. If the costumer doesnt want to send instant send there can't really be forced.

I talked with @Solarminer and thier project had a 'merchant-based' filter for non-instantsend transactions were ignored. Not sure how that can work from the API.

I see does InstantSend is provided by the merchant or the costumer. As far as I have read, the only one that the merchant can do is provide an address. If the costumer doesnt want to send instant send there can't really be forced.

I talked with @Solarminer and thier project had a 'merchant-based' filter for non-instantsend transactions were ignored. Not sure how that can work from the API.

Dash TX are still pretty fast compared to BTC imo, I never really use IX and never wait more than a few confirmations which is usually less than 2-5 minutes before the TX pops up.

Dash TX are still pretty fast compared to BTC imo, I never really use IX and never wait more than a few confirmations which is usually less than 2-5 minutes before the TX pops up.
That is pretty long time for a point of sale system. Even your debit card with chip and pin takes around 3 minutes in average. And usually is a very awkward process. However am confused on the way IX gets handled from the merchant since I am not sure all this instructions can happen on a QR, specially if the wallet doesn't support IX, like the JAXX or Coinomi wallet.
Does this makes IX a vertical solution only compatible with certain wallets?

..., specially if the wallet doesn't support IX, like the JAXX or Coinomi wallet. ...
Jaxx will integrate Instantx (assumed that the Apple thing does not affect their development timeline)

Sorry for posting in this old thread, but I found no better place to ask.

When using dash-cli I can successfully use instantsendtoaddress once, if I do it again I get the following error:
Insufficient funds. InstantSend requires inputs with at least 6 confirmations, you might need to wait a few minutes and try again.

This does not make any sense, the wallet has sufficient funds and there are no inputs with any confirmations below 100, also if the output has already 6 confirmation I still get the same error.
Tried it again on a different PC with a different wallet and the same thing happens, first instantsendtoaddress works, next one fails, all normal sendtoaddress calls work fine, but I would like to always use InstantSend. Any tips?

Additional info: From the transaction data in the example below it seems like the output is also coming back to my wallet, thus the problem of sending instantly again. How can this be circumvented, do I have to create many small wallets or use Mixing or something, how do big sites solve this problem?

Here is the command line to reproduce this:
> dash-cli instantsendtoaddress Xfadobin93jyRbDVushLMsAsd6zLgLtimef 0.001
4d19ai98h2be242d7ac14446e512f19b8ed2d4b66aeb3b4ed9442cc2e6f567

> dash-cli instantsendtoaddress Xfadobin93jyRbDVushLMsAsd6zLgLtimef 0.002
error code: -4
error message:
Insufficient funds. InstantSend requires inputs with at least 6 confirmations, you might need to wait a few minutes and try again.

Last edited:
Figured it out myself, by using Mixing I was able to easily create many addresses and all InstantSends work fine now. Might be not the best way, but was the easiest and fastest solution for my problem for now.

Back