• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Increase darkcoin adoption

Is Darkcoin ready to go public?

• Yes, but its just a bitcoin clone now

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, because development not done yet

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Cointopay.com

So far our customers did not receive a single payment in Darkcoin. This is not good guys, it means Darkcoin is just a trading commodity. For it to become a bit more widespread and on top of mind we need some more marketing around it.

Right now I certainly have the idea that everyone is waiting for the development to be done. Is this true? So darkcoin is not an anonymous coin yet, correct? Let me know.

P.S. I also don't understand where the recent price increase comes from, any ideas?

Attachments

• darkcoin_checkout.png
    darkcoin_checkout.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 83
Right now I certainly have the idea that everyone is waiting for the development to be done. Is this true? So darkcoin is not an anonymous coin yet, correct? Let me know.

The first: yes - there is still development going on regarding anonymity.
The latter: it is anonymous, but only as a feature in beta: The current release candidate version (RC3) which implements the DarkSend technology, is limited to sending a amount of 10DRK anonymously. This restriction will be removed in RC4, which is scheduled to be released in July 2014.
P.S. I also don't understand where the recent price increase comes from, any ideas?

Today at 16:00 GMT a new feature called "masternode payments" will be activated. This feature is the first implementation of proof-of-service in a cryptocurrency and unique to Darkcoin till now.

Masternode owners need a vin of 1000DRK and have to run a node which provides DarkSend-Relay service, and are paid 20% of a mined block in return. The choice what masternode is getting paid is done by another unique feature in Darkcoin: The voting system.

So you see: it's a very important day for Darkcoin today.

hope that helps,
flare, Darkcoin QA

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say the reason you have had no purchases through your gateway are many fold, none of which have anything to do with your voting selections (so I did not vote).

1. Bitcoin took five years to become as adopted as it is now - Darkcoin has been around about 5 months. You may need to have a little more patience here....

2. I took a look at your site and I saw 8 merchant clients? Are there more? I couldn't easily find a list with merchant descriptions (a store list with descriptions would be helpful). It could also simply be that your merchant/product selection is too small at this time. I'm sure transactions will grow as you add merchants.

3. There is not an easy to find comprehensive list of merchants that accept Darkcoin listed on this forum, reddit, or on Darkcoin.io (main menu item.) There is a short list on the BCT OP. Are your merchants listed there?

4. It could be the majority of people are holding to speculate, if so the price goes up, which gains widespread attention for the coin (a very good thing). But, this also means we need to concentrate more on merchant adoption and coin distribution so that it is adopted as a currency and not only a store of value. That is one of the purposes of my new site Darkbids.

5. What the hell do I know? Probably nothing....

Last edited by a moderator:
Though functional, it only really makes sense to promote this coin after the code has been vetted by community, and open-sourced.
Only then is Darkcoin really born.

So in my book, promising is an understatement :tongue:

2. I took a look at your site and I saw 8 merchant clients? Are there more? I couldn't easily find a list with merchant descriptions (a store list with descriptions would be helpful). It could also simply be that your merchant/product selection is too small at this time. I'm sure transactions will grow as you add merchants.

This.

Guys, you don't understand the site, the Crypto market is just one feature that we publicly offer through which you can sell your stuff. It is also a showcase how you can use cointopay.com on the customer sites. Our customers are anonymous and want to stay anonymous, they use the check out buttons on their sites. Bitcoin is in majority being used, second Litecoin, but that is really small. Darkcoin has the unique feature of Darksend, this means that the transaction is blended with other transactions so untraceable, for anonymity this is great. But is Darksend by default turned on, lacking some background here. But as said maybe clarity comes when the stuff is open-sourced?

Guys, you don't understand the site, the Crypto market is just one feature that we publicly offer through which you can sell your stuff. It is also a showcase how you can use cointopay.com on the customer sites. Our customers are anonymous and want to stay anonymous, they use the check out buttons on their sites. Bitcoin is in majority being used, second Litecoin, but that is really small. Darkcoin has the unique feature of Darksend, this means that the transaction is blended with other transactions so untraceable, for anonymity this is great. But is Darksend by default turned on, lacking some background here. But as said maybe clarity comes when the stuff is open-sourced?

I understand perfectly. The thing is you are forming an opinion using an extremely small sample size.. Calling darkcoin "just a trading commodity" is wrong I know for a fact darkcoins are being spent on goods right now.

Back