• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Improved Budget Proposal Tracker: DashVoteTracker.com

ericsammons

Masternode Owner/Operator
Hello,

I appreciated all the feedback I received for my Dash Budget Proposal Tracker (http://ericsammons.com/dash-budget). Based on the feedback, as well as a few other ideas of my own, I have made a number of improvements:
  1. I have moved the Tracker to http://dashvotetracker.com. I thought it would give it a more professional feel when directing people to it, and also it doesn't need to be associated with one person. I set up a redirect at the old site, but if you bookmarked it, you might want to change your bookmarks.
  2. I've made a number of design changes to make the interface more clean and readable. I make no claims to be a designer, but hopefully it's better now.
  3. I added a "Historical Graph" for each vote. This tracks a vote over time to see how it has fared up to now and lays it out in a line graph. Note that I didn't start tracking until 2/3/2016, so any data before that isn't graphed. I'm not sure how vital this information is, but I thought it was cool to have.
  4. I've added the total available budget, time until the cycle ends, and how much is allocated currently to the top of the screen.
  5. I've edited the explanation of the conditions for a proposal to be approved, as best as I understand it. If I have anything inaccurate, let me know.
  6. I added a "Payment #" column, which reflects which payment out of how many total a proposal is on. For example, currently the Core Dev Salary proposal is on their 7th out of 100 payments (7/10).
  7. I renamed "Total Votes" to "Net Votes," which I think is a more accurate description of the field (it is "Yes" votes minus "No" votes).
  8. I added some social media sharing buttons for easy sharing.
  9. I put my donation link up top to make it more noticeable. :smile: I would of course appreciate any donations, but I recommend first donating to dashwhale.org, where I get my data from.
As always, I'm open to any suggestions or feedback from the community. As we saw with last month's budget, we are still learning this process, so there is always room for improvements.

NOW THAT IS PERFECT!!!!

It not only shows the data but it makes it easy to explain WHY you need more votes than the next proposal....

This is really awesome!

Now with these historical graphs we can see better if it many people vote with few masternodes or few people vote with many masternodes (aka DashWhales) :grin:

Very very nice!

My only suggestion is to add a column with net votes/total masternodes as a percentage as this is the number that is compared to the 10% threshold (as you correctly explain in the notes at the bottom.)

I think this number would be useful because at a glance you would know where a proposal is relative to the threshold without having to look up the current masternode count.

Eric, I just want to echo the sentiments above...this is an incredibly valuable resource! Thank you so much for putting it together!

Very very nice!

My only suggestion is to add a column with net votes/total masternodes as a percentage as this is the number that is compared to the 10% threshold (as you correctly explain in the notes at the bottom.)

I think this number would be useful because at a glance you would know where a proposal is relative to the threshold without having to look up the current masternode count.

Okay, done!

http://dashvotetracker.com/ is not functional right now.
It does not display any proposal.

works for me :

gh5pLkW.png

Just what I was looking for! Need to make this easier to find.
(Doh! just looked at Wiki and found the link is already there as well)

Back