• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Impact of Evolution on current Dash masternodes owners, Price and Governance

Crypter

It seems that evolution will allow users to set a sum aside as a interest earning deposit, the ideas is that these deposits will be used as collateral for masternodes. If Evolution becomes widespread I see this as having 2 challenges.

1. Centralisation of masternode services. As the users will not create these it will be a node40 like service which will collate the deposits and then create masternodes

2. The big one. The number of masternodes will go up and the rewards will go down. Will masternode owners hold on to their 1000 dash if the returns become too low? Is the strategy to have the majority of masternodes owned by many people earning a small return or by a smaller number of people earning a higher return.

3. This follows on from two, if the return on MNs falls below 2% (please do not tell me the Dash price will keep going up forever) the secanrio in point 2 will come to fruition. How can the DAO then be trusted into the hands of the "typical user"

It would be nice to get some guidance on this matter from the source as it can have a mega impact on the price.

Potential solution is to have 2 layers of MNs like Crown does or 2 types of shares in the DAO like facebook does a voting and a nonvoting share.

1. I'm not really sure how this would work in Evolution, but I'm guessing that anyone will be able to host a masternode and apply for collateral from other users. I don't see any more problems with centralization than we have at the moment.

2. I don't expect the number of masternodes to go up that drastically.
It will be interesting to follow Smartcash (another crypto that used much of Dash ideas) masternode system that is supposed to start on 11th of January. They have a lot lower collateral for holding a masternode, so they potentially can have many more masternodes and that would be a good test of that monetary model.

3. Dash price will keep going up forever. It's a deflationary currency. It's what it does.
The typical user (Dash holder) should get some way to vote, too. I don't have a problem with that.

Point 1: I think today a masternode owner can switch service providers or create his own with Dash Evolution this will work differently
Point 2: Users are hungry for yield and will deposit funds to earn a return this will create more masternodes at least more than we have today - difficult to say if it is double or triple.
Point 3: I see your point.

The number of Dash masternodes can't double, let alone triple, as there is not that much Dash in existence to support that number.
Current Dash supply is about 7,800,000 coins and one masternode requires 1000 coins to operate.

I see you have been quite vocal about this through the forum, if you think Dash is so bad why not invest your energy in other more profitable ventures instead of Fudding and trolling?

Back