• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Ideas for improving InstantX adoption

AndyDark

As V12 is just around the corner, I wanted to leave an idea for increasing Dash adoption which goes a bit like this...

Personally I see instant transactions as the 'killer app' of Dash right now.

I'm sure there will be more using the MN model, and privacy is great, but for normal user's perspective, not waiting is the most added value today (its the thing I got most excited about when using Dash).

I say that because i'm sure we all experienced how tedious waiting 15 minutes or more for Bitcoin confirms is. And many times I bought stuff with BTC online and got a 15 minute countdown to pay, sent the coins from an exchange which were late, and then lots of fun and games trying to resolve the payment.

Using Dash instantX, however, what a breath of fresh air - one click and boom the payment is done instantly. (...but the problem is you only get this experience between 2 wallets you are looking at right now...)

So now looking at Dash usage I notice some areas not being capitalized on...(not sure if all correct but...)

1. Practically zero services are wired up for Instant X, so if I use exchanges, pay vultr, play dice, use shapeshift or whatever, they are not using InstantX

2. Even if some are, knowing that is impossible because can't find any directory or list of services enabled for instantX. I'm not even sure if it's save to send InstantX to service that isn't enabled (99% sure it is, but this isn't stated anywhere)

So my idea is - isn't getting all the services in the Dash ecosystem wired up to InstantX a priority? - So the user experience is getting rid of the Bitcoin wait problem and capitalizing on one of Dash's best value-adds to Bitcoin?

Ideas to do this:

1. Start approaching existing Dash services / merchants and guiding them to add InstantX.

2. Make a proper starter kit devs can download to see how to integrate InstantX or even just standard Dash integration - give examples for PHP website. Include in this guidance on how just integrate Dash as it is - if that's the same as Bitcoin, fine, but it needs to be on the front page of Dashpay (existing guidance is horrible, based on my friend trying to make a Dice game and getting stuck and not finding any info on integrating instantX)

3. Start approaching new services that don't use Dash but do use Bitcoin and promote instantX integration, saying "hey, you should integrate Dash, because with the instantX, deposits and withdrawals can be instant and your users dont have to wait. And you dont need the 15 minute BTC deposit countdown of doom window anymore"

4. DashPay homepage should have a big link on "how to integrate Dash into your service and get instant transactions for your users" with lost of examples / code they can play with and a thread they can get fast response on

5. Secondly on DashPay homepage, where are the services you can buy with Dash? (it's like 3 clicks through a menu) - shouldn't every merchant / hosting company / exchange wired for Dash be in big lights you can just click on?

6. Make instantX cheap - we have huge fullnode network hosted on VPS which surely has the capacity, for now we need low InstantX price so people use it - if you've got it, flaunt it...

Lastly, start to assume that services that can integrate Dash are really dumb - not everyone knows how Crypto works - they need guidance on a) the benefits of Dash (its instant and private) and b) how to integrate it - is it same as Bitcoin? what do I need for instant transactions? My point on this is - average web developer who never integrated a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, is going to spend a lot of time headscratching on how to integrate Dash with or without InstantX - need to hand-hold devs to get them in with just a page of instructions or something, because if they want to integrate Google pay or anything like that, theres tons of easy guidance you can find straight away.

Sorry this is a bit jumbled / long, just wanted to dump the idea in here for a while so there....:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I should try to visualize some of this...my crappy wireframe of improving Dashpay.io homepage content, to gear Dash up better for adoption, with what I was saying in the OP.

benefits:

1. Easier to find useful content when the user lands on Dashpay, better content discovery for each type of Dash user, not waste too much space on the traditional 'Dash is a cryptocurrecy blah'

2. More incentive for merchants to get involved with Dash if they can see new channels for customers via dashpay.io

3. Easier for merchants with little crypto/Dash knowledge, to get help with how to get started

4. Another idea is to have some volunteers who will directly be a friendly point of contact for merchants, if they have questions, give them the right links etc - kind of like how companies appoint a sales person to get new accounts on-board (could be funded with the new budget system)

5. A lot of small independent merchants (like external wall installation etc https://dashtalk.org/threads/list-of-merchants-who-need-to-re-brand.4644/) some didn't rebrand / aren't accepting Dash anymore - are they being managed / how can they be looked after better - is there some plugin or even 'dash accepted here' digital assets pack they can put on their site without needing to host a wallet for ecommerce transactions like the big merchants do.

6. Adoption is really the benchmark for Dash in one regard, if we can really put this front and center and get people working / focused on it, it's an incentive to keep growing Dash adoption if everyone can see how well that's going and be incentivized to foster better adoption uptake.

Rqj4JGZ.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back