• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I propose we stop voting for irrelevant proposals until the end of the year. Burn the Dash.

I appreciate the "slow and steady" approach and also that there is some confidential information that can't be shared with regards to certain milestones on projects.

However, it seems clear to me that Core must take more initiative and hire more Bus. Dev. team members to pick up the slack of the nascent Proposal market.
The Proposal market seems to be made up of early adopters and not necessarily professionals with a career's worth of experience. This industry is just too new and
difficult to navigate for top talent experiment with.

Here are the areas towards where I hope Core can dedicate more of the monthly Treasury:
- ATM deployment: to make buying DASH easier for average people
- Business adoption of existing bitcoin-accepting merchants
- Exchange integration and promotion

I think if there was more resources put into these areas we would be a lot better off, at least until the proposal market steps up its game.

Burning the Dash is about as useful as burning a stack of hundred dollar bills (or hundred euro notes, if your prefer). It theoretically helps the "economy" but the overall effect is negligible. Setting fire to money--either physical or digital--is not the best use of said money.

Frankly, anything that looks reasonable and has a chance of succeeding usually gets my vote. I'd rather fund a project with a 10% chance of success than watch the money go up in smoke at the end of the month. But that's just me...

Couldn't agree more!

Bitcoin gets a LOT of free general media coverage because it is the market leader. People flock to youtube and search "how to bitcoin".
-- If people newly interested in crypto are reached and educated we can convert them to Dash.

Yes, that's right. We need to educated and shepherd people at the same time. It's the strategy our team has chosen - through video blogs, conferences and explanation. And it actually worked - many miners turned from ether to dash right after the conference in April. (I have to say, that's such a fulfilling moment :) ) Those are people involved into crypto for as much as two years and they still knew very little about DASH. We need promotion:)

P.S. Just in case you missed our integration proposal - https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-business-integration-into-retail-sector.14808/

Last edited:
Back