• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I moved a node but it's fooling the network somehow...

Ignition75

Hi All,
I'm running a VPS setup with my master nodes, they were created with guidance from OzzieCoin, I've recently branched out on my own and I'm setting up my own nodes with success.
I wasn't feeling it with Singapore anymore. My London nodes have been getting 1 payment a day, sometimes 2. My Singapore nodes are lucky to get 1 a week.
So today I began moving my Singapore nodes to London. On the first one, I took a backup of my vps instance, restored it on a London server, changed the external IP in darkcoin.conf and restarted the darkcoin service.
Right now it's showing it's online, but still thinks it's in Singapore lol.

I've been following the same process setting up my London nodes from scratch. If I'm creating a node from scratch I just restore from one of my backups, drop a new wallet in, add a new IP and privkey to the darkcoin.conf file and I'm good to go.

So I'm confused as to why the DarkCoin network still thinks my masternode is in Singapore. Am I missing a step? Do I still need to generate a new private key even though it's the same wallet?

Hi All,
I'm running a VPS setup with my master nodes, they were created with guidance from OzzieCoin, I've recently branched out on my own and I'm setting up my own nodes with success.
I wasn't feeling it with Singapore anymore. My London nodes have been getting 1 payment a day, sometimes 2. My Singapore nodes are lucky to get 1 a week.
So today I began moving my Singapore nodes to London. On the first one, I took a backup of my vps instance, restored it on a London server, changed the external IP in darkcoin.conf and restarted the darkcoin service.
Right now it's showing it's online, but still thinks it's in Singapore lol.

I've been following the same process setting up my London nodes from scratch. If I'm creating a node from scratch I just restore from one of my backups, drop a new wallet in, add a new IP and privkey to the darkcoin.conf file and I'm good to go.

So I'm confused as to why the DarkCoin network still thinks my masternode is in Singapore. Am I missing a step? Do I still need to generate a new private key even though it's the same wallet?
Please provide old IP, new IP and pubkey/address with your report, otherwise i can't verify if there is something wrong with MN network.

No problem, as follows:
Old IP Address: 128.199.210.197
New IP Address: 178.62.50.13
Wallet Address: XiZ7c4onXcUp2vGEGUd2M1a8PfRrMCSuJ5
Interestingly, on this site: https://drk.mn/masternodes.html it's coming up with "TimeOut" on the PortCheck, so I've screwed up somewhere I think...

I think I need to drop a new wallet in... The network seems to map the IP with the wallet address...

Edit: Trying to add a new privkey before I drop a new wallet in...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool bananas, that makes sense to me... I'm trying with a new Private Key, because I've just done it, we'll see if it works lol...

Edit: OK that didn't work, I'll chuck a new wallet in...

Thanks for your help flare...

Back