• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I have a question about creating wallets

tuppydog

Hi, I am pretty new here, but I have managed to get through all of these recent changes. I just have a simple question and was hoping some could answer. How to you create another wallet in v 0.11.0.13? In the old Onyx version, I think it was pretty easy, now I don't see that command. Could someone show me how to create an additional wallet in this version? Thanks for your time...Tup

Rename your existing wallet.dat file to something else, like wallet1.dat. (Do this after making a backup, then closing the wallet. DON'T noodle with your wallet.dat file while the wallet is running.) Then just start the wallet again. If there is no wallet.dat file present, it will create a new one. Hope that's what you were after.

Hi, I am pretty new here, but I have managed to get through all of these recent changes. I just have a simple question and was hoping some could answer. How to you create another wallet in v 0.11.0.13? In the old Onyx version, I think it was pretty easy, now I don't see that command. Could someone show me how to create an additional wallet in this version? Thanks for your time...Tup
And if you need new address in to your wallet, then go to Menu->File->Receiving addresses and click new button.

AjM, that what I was looking for, and thanks thelonecrouton. It seems like that whole part was missing in the last 2 versions, or I just couldn't find it. Anyway, thank you very much for the responses, I have been mining DRK since Jan 1st, (CPU), but I will be getting a ton of equipment next month to GPU mine. And I may have some setup questions then. Thanks again..!!!!!

AjM, that what I was looking for, and thanks thelonecrouton. It seems like that whole part was missing in the last 2 versions, or I just couldn't find it. Anyway, thank you very much for the responses, I have been mining DRK since Jan 1st, (CPU), but I will be getting a ton of equipment next month to GPU mine. And I may have some setup questions then. Thanks again..!!!!!
Np, and welcome to DRK side!

Don't go out and buy lots of expansive 900 watt power supplies to power 3 GPU's in 1, try to use older 350 to 500 watts ones to power between 1 and 2 GPU each, it cheaper , you can reuse old PSU's that are usually heading for the dumpster and its clever redundancy i.e. if 1 fails you still got the rest of the system working and its easier to replace. I've got too many old 300 watt PSU's lying around but might end up using them all one day for their handy 12 volts power rail for graphics cards!

Don't go out and buy lots of expansive 900 watt power supplies to power 3 GPU's in 1, try to use older 350 to 500 watts ones to power between 1 and 2 GPU each, it cheaper , you can reuse old PSU's that are usually heading for the dumpster and its clever redundancy i.e. if 1 fails you still got the rest of the system working and its easier to replace. I've got too many old 300 watt PSU's lying around but might end up using them all one day for their handy 12 volts power rail for graphics cards!
This can lead to explosive meltdowns if you don't know what you're doing... if you must though, at least keep one PSU for the mobo/CPU etc. and then separate PSUs for the GPU's. Remember Ghostbusters? Don't cross the streams! :eek:

And make sure you have a good common Earth.

This can lead to explosive meltdowns if you don't know what you're doing... if you must though, at least keep one PSU for the mobo/CPU etc. and then separate PSUs for the GPU's. Remember Ghostbusters? Don't cross the streams! :eek:

Dont cross the streams haha, yer totally agreed, just trying to stop people spending lots on PSU's when they can use old stuff thats free and 900 watts from 1 power supply is an awful lot of low voltage current knocking around in a small box!

I happened to have 2 capstone 1000W PS's, and I believe a 750W (all gold rated) PS from work. But I made the mistake of buying an expensive (used) ASUS Motherboard with a i7 core on ebay, which, I'm not sure was all that necessary (holds 3 GPUs). In Feb, I want to build my first real rig, and I will ask u guys questions if you don't mind about the interconnections from the GPUs to the motherboard and setups etc. Also, I will need help with the GPU software tweeks .I was looking at getting 2-3 Sapphire 7970 GPU cards next week. Electronics/hardware is my strength, I'm not that great with software though haha. I have a 80/20 frame coming from some guy that builds rigs. I really believe in the X11 arch, and I believe this is going to take off, just my opinion.....Anyway, thank you so much for all of your help, this is a great forum with great info and people! Talk soon, TUP

I happened to have 2 capstone 1000W PS's, and I believe a 750W (all gold rated) PS from work. But I made the mistake of buying an expensive (used) ASUS Motherboard with a i7 core on ebay, which, I'm not sure was all that necessary (holds 3 GPUs). In Feb, I want to build my first real rig, and I will ask u guys questions if you don't mind about the interconnections from the GPUs to the motherboard and setups etc. Also, I will need help with the GPU software tweeks .I was looking at getting 2-3 Sapphire 7970 GPU cards next week. Electronics/hardware is my strength, I'm not that great with software though haha. I have a 80/20 frame coming from some guy that builds rigs. I really believe in the X11 arch, and I believe this is going to take off, just my opinion.....Anyway, thank you so much for all of your help, this is a great forum with great info and people! Talk soon, TUP
Yer, my strength is electronics not software as well, the 6/8 pin 12 volt molex connectors to the GPU can be shoddy and melt for high currents, if you mine something like scrypt or sha3 you will find they get a lot hotter. I sometimes soldier directly onto the PCB for the graphics cutting out the plugs altogether, downside is, it makes the GPU more unsellable due to modifications afterwards.The 7950/7970 have a more upto date chipset, they are the cutoff point for older GPU's , also Wolf0 has optimized the bin files considerably(anything earlier such as 6950 does not work any quicker)

Interesting, I thought that the X11 software or protocol was supposed to run "cooler" compared to other software, or is that relate to just the CPU? I will definitely be checking the molex connections, thank you for the heads up on this..! It may be well worth rewiring this, but first, I just want to be sure that I can get my first rig to work working with GPUs.....

Interesting, I thought that the X11 software or protocol was supposed to run "cooler" compared to other software, or is that relate to just the CPU? I will definitely be checking the molex connections, thank you for the heads up on this..! It may be well worth rewiring this, but first, I just want to be sure that I can get my first rig to work working with GPUs.....
Wife is going to shoot me when I get the CC bill for the month....

Do you use "extender connectors" for your connections from the motherboard to your GPUs? or is this worth it, I just want to be sure everything is cool.

Sub-Ether, when you said "The 7950/7970 have a more upto date chipset, they are the cutoff point for older GPU's , also Wolf0 has optimized the bin files considerably(anything earlier such as 6950 does not work any quicker)" Could you tell me where to download the latest Sgminer, and if I should be using Windows or Ubuntu on his version. I've been reading up on where Wolf0 had made a much more better Sgminer, right now I am using 5.1.0-2-gf27f (ubuntu). I would like to change over to the fastest way.

Back