• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I am the last person to be accused of being PC But

DirtyExpert

I think from a practicality standpoint(in the US market) and to get the most out of every advertising dollar I believe that a moderate campaign targeting our fellow citizens without bank accounts. In different ways of course but I think I could actually make an impact, a perceptible change in the homeless community of a city like Fresno, Ca. Population of 1.5 million with just .5 coins of the top 25 by usd value per month and never lose possession of the coins. The marketing potential is unbelievable and can be used to create free advertising. Almost like the old frozen quarter or tape on a five dollar bill in a vending machine. I use the homeless community scenario because it provides good humanitarian cover to the exploitation of a segment of the population. Think of it this way, how many problems has mankind been tasked that have proven unsolvable? Very few, that analogy went over terribly here irl, by the way... show me a problem and I will show you a solution. Cost is generally a measure of the efficiency of the engineer. Using the two main (perceived) groups of people without an account at a financial institution I would use simple reverse psychology on one and the intense desire to be helpful to get the other to comply. The media would be compelled to participate ensuring adoption of the proposed solution. Its outward appearance of success(regardless of performance) would start banks providing the products to compete. Thus bootstrapping the homeless to whatever constitutes a compromise between society as a whole and those that do not wish to accept civilization. Long story short I think the future lies in crowd sourcing and we all know the beauty of crowd funding. Lets make it "socially responsible" to carry our digital wallets stocked with plenty of minute amounts of crypto-currency and create real world scenarios where the bottom-feeders will compete for the opportunity to provide us with really cheap advertising. I'm sorry for being overly vague and rambling here, but I hope I have caused at least one bum to crawl out of his box... Pun Intended
Respectfully Submitted,
Randy Vetter

I think what you are proposing is the north american version of David Hay's Cucuta/Venezuela idea. Airdrop a significant amount of money on the unbanked/homeless in a particular geographic area, and take measures to insure they have a meaningful way to spend it. Could be great PR. Could actually help people. To me, the biggest impediment to implementing this idea is training the people who get 5 or 20 bucks worth of Dash, how to actually use it. Even better, and what I hope happens in Venezuela, is for this at-risk population to figure out how to use Dash to start a small or micro business so they can earn Dash. Then we start fixing the problem right at the root.

I think what you are proposing is the north american version of David Hay's Cucuta/Venezuela idea. Airdrop a significant amount of money on the unbanked/homeless in a particular geographic area, and take measures to insure they have a meaningful way to spend it. Could be great PR. Could actually help people. To me, the biggest impediment to implementing this idea is training the people who get 5 or 20 bucks worth of Dash, how to actually use it. Even better, and what I hope happens in Venezuela, is for this at-risk population to figure out how to use Dash to start a small or micro business so they can earn Dash. Then we start fixing the problem right at the root.
Actually not quite like that but similar.

Homeless people in the US would easily prefer $10 of cash rather than $10 of dash. If we want to do humanitarian work, I think using dash to buy things for the homeless would be a better course than to airdrop dash on them

Yes no airdrop, it was meant to be a catalyst of thought more than anything. The point is 85% of homeless are that way by choice and the other 15% just rotate in and out of the statistic. The true idea here is finding a worthy cause(like a national high school contest for the best plan to tackle homelessness) attach 50 Dash to the winners school and 5 Dash to the student. Use the power of the masses, crowd sourcing is the way of the future and its time we all start seeing it.

Back