• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I accidentally sent BitCoin Cash to a Bitcoin wallet

Jose Rojas

Help!

I sent BCH to my Dash wallet on my Ledger Nano S.

I can see the little Dash I have but of course no BCH. Is there anything I can do?

This is the transaction id:
dfa79e8d3efc9909daaac8c79a542b7d24472614abe2ff8f167404a51abbf199

I appreciate any help :)

That is wierd. Regular dash addresses start with 'X' but dfa79e8d3efc9909daaac8c79a542b7d24472614abe2ff8f167404a51abbf199 shows receive address starting with '1'
I didn't know that! You made me check and I did not sent to an Dash account... I sent to a sub account inside my BTC wallet... I have no idea how I screwed up so badly...
If you happen to help with the actual situation it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Antti.

I didn't know that! You made me check and I did not sent to an Dash account... I sent to a sub account inside my BTC wallet... I have no idea how I screwed up so badly...
If you happen to help with the actual situation it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Antti.
So you accidentally sent from bch address to btc address? I think in that case you can import the private key from the bitcoin wallet into the bitcoin cash wallet. What wallets are you using?

So you accidentally sent from bch address to btc address? I think in that case you can import the private key from the bitcoin wallet into the bitcoin cash wallet. What wallets are you using?
Yes, that’s what I did. I’m using a ledger nano s (btc) and I sent the bch from bitcoin classic on my laptop.

You can use this tool https://iancoleman.io/bip39/ (works offline) to retrieve btc private key which corresponds to the btc address you sent coins to on bch blockchain - enter your mnemonic from ledger and it should generate you a list. Once it's done, look for the address you sent to.
You can then import this btc private key into bitcoin classic or any other bch wallet (or swipe it).

PS. moved to Alternate Currencies subforum

Back