Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

How To See If Your VPN Is Leaking Your IP Address (And How To Stop It)

Discussion in 'Privacy News & Tools' started by tungfa, Feb 13, 2015.

1. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  2. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. michaeltim

michaeltim New Member

Oh it can happen still? Even using a vpn?
    Choose the top rated VPN service always in order to avoid the problem. Remember, there are many VPNs but for maximum protection, go for the leading one.

#3 michaeltim, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  4. samjohns123

samjohns123 New Member

In my opinion, if you are so doubtful about your VPN, then the only way out is to throw it in the garbage. I use CyberGhost and it`s quite reliable as for me, read a review TopVPNchoice and check out if this VPN meets your requirements. Hope my answer will help you!

5. Brokens

Brokens Member

What is the point of VPN if it don't hide your real IP address. I like when services have a trial version to check its work before you pay for it as most of them that are scams will not return any money to you if you'll be disappointed.

6. Robinst

Robinst Member

And how can I know if VPN has better encryption than the previous one? All of them promise a good service and then it turns out that IP is still leaking.

7. brucejslusher

brucejslusher New Member

I think you should try some other vpn because there are many vpn's in the market but not all are good thats why it must important to read review on it and then you will move on next step and also you can check it out on what is my ip. let me share the reviews on best vpn services where you can get Whitelisted IP with DNS leak protection and many more here on Top VPN Service

8. Robinst

Robinst Member

But the point is that some VPN don't leak you address all the time and it's pointless to use checkmyip as then I have to check it every minute..

9. Robinst

Robinst Member

Can you please advertise somewhere else? I'm looking for a service that will show me if VPN works well, not a new VPN from a baby user.

10. Robinst

Robinst Member

It means nothing to me.. Just a number of screenshots which I can't understand.

11. rosita

rosita Member

A few lines of code are all that are required to remove the location protection that you get from using a VPN, and find out where you really are and who your ISP really is (who can then bind your address to who you are particular.) Although the vulnerability depends primarily on the browser, any application that can display web pages (and uses WebRTC) is affected, which means that anyone who wants to see a past VPN is where you really are. and who you really are. Advertisers, data brokers and governments can use it to peek through your VPN to see where your connection is coming from. If you use services such as BitTorrent, have a prefix such as Roku, or just play music or movies on your computer through a site that is not available in your country (or you are an emigrant and live abroad), applications and Services, which you use may suddenly stop working.

12. Robinst

Robinst Member

Okay, I'll try it. Hope I will understand how it works. It doesn't require any special knowledge?

13. Robinst

Robinst Member

Thanks. I'll share my experience with you after some time will pass.
    Hope it will be good and will meet all my requirements.

14. NordVPN Teams

NordVPN Teams New Member

The best way to check for a leak is to visit a website where your current IP address is displayed.

15. ExchangeRatesPro

ExchangeRatesPro New Member

Right. I can only add that it's important to check if the website shows WEBRTC information, etc. Some websites that were good few years ago don't support all the modern technologies

16. michaeltim

michaeltim New Member

Many VPNs are not disclosing their weak points. You know many providers do leak DNS and IPs. Even some providers tell that they do not keep logs but they do.

17. mikebrian1

mikebrian1 New Member

Although I'm a bit late to take part in this conversation. I 'm also the victim when I'm using unpaid VPN my IP address Is getting leaked some of my fellows suggest me try to use paid VPN subscription so that you may not face this issue.