• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to run Multiple Wallets parallel on Mac

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Hey guys

how can i run Multiple QT Wallets on a Mac ?
(Open at the same time, Example: 1 Mixing, other for Transfers)
we have a guide how to do it on PC but i am not sure how that translates to Mac

Help please
tx

Hey guys

how can i run Multiple QT Wallets on a Mac ?
(Open at the same time, Example: 1 Mixing, other for Transfers)
we have a guide how to do it on PC but i am not sure how that translates to Mac

Help please
tx
Sure, just involves some AppleScript magic :smile:

Not sure about AppleScript magic but you can always use Terminal:
Code:
/Applications/Dash-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Dash-Qt -datadir=/path/to/datadir/

Not sure about AppleScript magic but you can always use Terminal:
Code:
/Applications/Dash-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Dash-Qt -datadir=/path/to/datadir/

ok
and then ?
lol

remember i am not tech savvy,
i need a proper guide (step by step)
i might try to sort this out with flare over slack

ok
and then ?
lol

remember i am not tech savvy,
i need a proper guide (step by step)
i might try to sort this out with flare over slack
Hit Enter and watch it running?
Or..Not sure I get the question then....

I mean you can pass whatever command line argument you like, for multiple wallets proper one should be this though:
Code:
/Applications/Dash-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Dash-Qt -wallet=somewallet.dat
Code:
/Applications/Dash-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Dash-Qt -wallet=someotherwallet.dat
etc

Hit Enter and watch it running?
Or..Not sure I get the question then....

I mean you can pass whatever command line argument you like, for multiple wallets proper one should be this though:
Code:
/Applications/Dash-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Dash-Qt -wallet=somewallet.dat
Code:
/Applications/Dash-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Dash-Qt -wallet=someotherwallet.dat
etc

(remember i am an idiot when it comes to terminal and code and such :rolleyes:)

so i can rename my wallet.dat's to anything (example: somewallet.dat /somewallet1.dat/ somewallet2.dat....)
and then terminal 'finds' that wallet and opens it, so i can do 1 after the other, and they all run independent
Mixing on one wallet
sending /receiving on other
.... >

(remember i am an idiot when it comes to terminal and code and such :rolleyes:)

so i can rename my wallet.dat's to anything (example: somewallet.dat /somewallet1.dat/ somewallet2.dat....)
and then terminal 'finds' that wallet and opens it, so i can do 1 after the other, and they all run independent
Mixing on one wallet
sending /receiving on other
.... >

Yep, just like for PC, your wallet will try to find wallet.dat's (or whatever you ask it to find via "-wallet") in "-datadir" you specified (or in the default one if nothing was specified).
And just like for PC, you should/can NOT run two wallet simultaneously in the same datadir but you can run them one by one (run first once, close it, run second one, etc)

there we go :sad:
i want to run them parallel/ simultaneous to each other
Then you simply need to copy default datadir somewhere (to save time you would otherwise spend redownloading/resyncing blockchain) and use "-datadir" command option to run them both at once

One important note though: do NOT use (in new datadir) the copy of wallet.dat you already have, generate a new one. And remember to backup them all ;)

Then you simply need to copy default datadir somewhere (to save time you would otherwise spend redownloading/resyncing blockchain) and use "-datadir" command option to run them both at once

...plus give each one a different RPC-port in its dash.conf, e.g. "rpcport=9998" and "rpcport=9997".

Yep, just like for PC, your wallet will try to find wallet.dat's (or whatever you ask it to find via "-wallet") in "-datadir" you specified (or in the default one if nothing was specified).
And just like for PC, you should/can NOT run two wallet simultaneously in the same datadir but you can run them one by one (run first once, close it, run second one, etc)
Hello Udjin! :) On windows even with multiple different -datadir paths, you have to put listen=0 in the .conf file or -listen=0 in the shortcuts or they can't run at the same time.

Lol... moli all fine? Haven't seen you for ages here ;) yeah...listen=0..... prepare yourself ...v12.1 incomming ....if you are back again ;)

Back