• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to check for confirmed Dash transaction with ESP32?

bluebit

As a beginner in the field of microcontrollers such as Arduino Nano, ESP32, etc. I'm looking to learn how I can check for a Dash payment status with the ESP32 that's connected via Wifi to the Internet. Do I need to learn how to connect to an API or HTTP GET or something else, its all new to me, I also saw DAPI, but seems very complex for something simple that I need. Can someone lead me in the right direction with links? Any help would be much appreciated.

As a beginner in the field of microcontrollers such as Arduino Nano, ESP32, etc. I'm looking to learn how I can check for a Dash payment status with the ESP32 that's connected via Wifi to the Internet. Do I need to learn how to connect to an API or HTTP GET or something else, its all new to me, I also saw DAPI, but seems very complex for something simple that I need. Can someone lead me in the right direction with links? Any help would be much appreciated.

What exactly do you want to do? What is the big picture?
Does someone pays you for doing it?

You can ask questions to a dashd by using dash-cli .

What exactly do you want to do? What is the big picture?
Does someone pays you for doing it?

You can ask questions to a dashd by using dash-cli .

I'm trying to learn how to check for a Dash payment transaction that was sent on the Dash Blockchain with a microcontroller. So say I print out a Dash QR code and I send $1 of Dash to it, I would like a microcontroller to be able to see this transaction and then i can perform an action like turn on an LED. Bascially I would like to monitor a Dash address for transactions and every time a transaction is confirmed, the microcontroller does something. I already know how to use a microcontroller to turn and LED on/off and how to connect it the internet. Now I would like to learn how to see a Dash address with it, etc. Do I need to install any libraries to the Arduino IDE to do this? Does Dash have an API or somewhere where I can interact with the Dash blockchain?

I have a goal to have a QR code on my fish tank and when someone pays in Dash the microcontroller sees that the payment was confirmed and drops some fish food in the tank.

I'm trying to learn how to check for a Dash payment transaction that was sent on the Dash Blockchain with a microcontroller. So say I print out a Dash QR code and I send $1 of Dash to it, I would like a microcontroller to be able to see this transaction and then i can perform an action like turn on an LED. Bascially I would like to monitor a Dash address for transactions and every time a transaction is confirmed, the microcontroller does something. I already know how to use a microcontroller to turn and LED on/off and how to connect it the internet. Now I would like to learn how to see a Dash address with it, etc. Do I need to install any libraries to the Arduino IDE to do this? Does Dash have an API or somewhere where I can interact with the Dash blockchain?

I have a goal to have a QR code on my fish tank and when someone pays in Dash the microcontroller sees that the payment was confirmed and drops some fish food in the tank.

I wouldnt use arduino, I would use a rasberry pi, that is both a microcontroller and a computer.

If you insist of using arduino, use the curl command to a server you trust. This is not safe of course,.
A better way is to use RPC.

Is your project open source?
Can I have a fish in case I help you? :p

I wouldnt use arduino, I would use a rasberry pi, that is both a microcontroller and a computer.

If you insist of using arduino, use the curl command to a server you trust. This is not safe of course,.
A better way is to use RPC.

Is your project open source?
Can I have a fish in case I help you? :p

I dont know how to make it opensource, I'm new to microcontrollers, but I do have a raspberry pi. Sure you can have a pair of fish, male and female, i actually breed guppies.

I dont know how to make it opensource, I'm new to microcontrollers, but I do have a raspberry pi. Sure you can have a pair of fish, male and female, i actually breed guppies.

Guppies? Can I eat them?

You can open an account to gitlab or to github, and make your project opensource.
Then I could help you, and you could send me some guppies, provided that are eatable of course! :p

You could access this kind of information via the Insight API. For example, a request like this will return details about a specific address:

https://insight.dashevo.org/insight-api/addr/XtxQxsBfW5gG7BSyCS1scmmvsXQCvEjjBU

You can see the various available endpoints in the repository's README. If your controller supports curl, you would just run something like:

Code:
curl https://insight.dashevo.org/insight-api/addr/XtxQxsBfW5gG7BSyCS1scmmvsXQCvEjjBU

this is super helpful

After looking at the info, there is a lot of stuff that I do not understand or know how to get to work. If the Dash Community could put together a page like this: https://developer.algorand.org/solutions/iot-algorand-blockchain-interfacing-esp32/

But instead of algorand, use Dash with an ESP32 microcontroller and show how to use an ESP32 to monitor for confirmed Dash transactions to a specific Dash address, when once confirmed an LED turns On for 5 secs. This would be super helpful as it can used as a starting point for noobs like me to understand how to interact with the Dash blockchain by seeing a helpful information guide and a video would be even better. I know most Dash devs are hard at work, maybe it could be funded if a dev does a proposal?

After looking at the info, there is a lot of stuff that I do not understand or know how to get to work. If the Dash Community could put together a page like this: https://developer.algorand.org/solutions/iot-algorand-blockchain-interfacing-esp32/

But instead of algorand, use Dash with an ESP32 microcontroller and show how to use an ESP32 to monitor for confirmed Dash transactions to a specific Dash address, when once confirmed an LED turns On for 5 secs. This would be super helpful as it can used as a starting point for noobs like me to understand how to interact with the Dash blockchain by seeing a helpful information guide and a video would be even better. I know most Dash devs are hard at work, maybe it could be funded if a dev does a proposal?

There is no significant community of developers in Dash.

The Masternode Operators/Voters support a Dash core Team (DCG) that feeds a bunch of monthly paid head developers who behave like civil servants. Developers who tend to do either (almost) nothing, or do very few, or even worst irrelevant to what the dash community really needs, all the above compared of course to the amount they received and keep receiving as salary. Their current average monthly salary is 247500/30=8233 USD, as long as 30 persons are paid members of the DCG.

As a result of all the above, Dash coin that used to be the 6th coin in coinmarketcap. is now the 54th coin and keep falling.

Last edited:

This idea :rolleyes:

:D:p
As far as I dont remember what I have said, and you also do not, my post is lost for ever.
@vazaki3 I really don't understand what you are talking about o_O

Are we seen the same thing? or this thread is fucked?

2.png

Back