• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to buy Dash with USD using CC or Paypal???

Kolomona

Is there an easy way to just buy some Dash Coin??

All I want to do is purchase one messily coin. Why is this so difficult?

I should be able to go to a website, give them my money in the form of paypal, credit card or debit card and in a few moments a Dash Coin should show up in my wallet?

I shouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops like buying bitcoin, joining an exchange then transferring to my Dash wallet. This seems ridiculous.

Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to do this?

Is there an easy way to just buy some Dash Coin??

All I want to do is purchase one messily coin. Why is this so difficult?

I should be able to go to a website, give them my money in the form of paypal, credit card or debit card and in a few moments a Dash Coin should show up in my wallet?

I shouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops like buying bitcoin, joining an exchange then transferring to my Dash wallet. This seems ridiculous.

Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to do this?

I am feeling the same frustration...
And I do believe Evan has adressed a need for improvement in ramping up the 'fiat gateway to DASH'.

I looked at 'purse' options for spending DASH, and the alternate view would be, if you wish to purchase DASH at an 8% to 25% premium on the transaction, you can purchase goods with your fiat and they will send you DASH. IMO, that's a pretty big hit !

Presently I'm looking at coinbase and poloniex where it seems both wish me to make a deposit which shall be applied to BTC, and after some period of time, I could convert that to DASH... All for a fee, which I would not begrudge any merchant expending their effort dealing with the fiat banking system.

There is just not a lot of information easily available for a newbie who is interested in crypto, yet conservative with risking their hard earned fiat for an intangible.

YMMV
rc

One option is in the thread 'Opening OTC Trading To Community' In the 'General Discussion' forum. No huge mark ups or wait times with that approach but depends if you're comfortable with it or not I guess.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't post a link to it here atm.

Haven't used it myself yet but I plan to. Hope this helps

I'd like to know a simple way to buy DASH in the US. I regularly receive wire transfers from some clients there, and some of them would really like to use DASH, instead of the banking system, but the moment they went to Coinbase (to buy btc, in order to exchange it into DASH), they found it too complicated and bureaucratic, and they gave up :/

Actually, they didn't even want to use Coinbase. They complained of all the "sensitive info" it demands on user registration. And if there was a fiat-DASH gateway in the US it would not be very different, anyway.

... our problem here, actually, is the government: too many "regulations". As it seems, in the US it is much harder to abandon fiat, maybe more than in other countries.

P2P exchange could be the solution, but it is not really a simpler solution, because of trust, etc.

@raganius Circelpay serves more countries than coinbase, perhaps that would be better for some of your clients.

Pablo.

@raganius Circelpay serves more countries than coinbase, perhaps that would be better for some of your clients.

Pablo.

Thanks. It's actually a good suggention.

What people usually do not like about Conibase is having to give them the bank password. On hearing it, I always instruct them about the "deposit verification", but in the end people just give up... Maybe the "normal people" want to try the cryptocurrencies, but they actually are not willing to "move mountains" at this point. And, as it seems, Coinbase interface is of no help, I don't know why.

I'll suggest Circle now, and see the results.

I don't even know IF I have an account password ! Got one for the debit/visa card... but that is 3.99% + ?
It is awkward. and should not be... and I don't wish to spend my fiat on btc, just so I can swap it for DASH when all the clearance stuff is done.
Nor do I wish to cut loose an outrageous premium with a purse type transaction where I must discount my crypto so someone gets a bargain at my expense.
Difficult to get into... probably comfortable once you are established. I suppose it's that way with just about everything... rc

This link clearly shows Why we need a fiat to DASH gateway...

http://fiatleak.com/

it's got an interesting animated graphic...

With most the mining in china, subsidized, we very much need to make a significant bid for decentralized mining so we are not eternally dependent upon others.
IMO

Best
rc

This link clearly shows Why we need a fiat to DASH gateway...

http://fiatleak.com/

it's got an interesting animated graphic...

With most the mining in china, subsidized, we very much need to make a significant bid for decentralized mining so we are not eternally dependent upon others.
IMO

Best
rc
I used to believe FIAT gateways was a key priority. But now im not so sure.

The thing that has changed is the integration of shapeshift in virtually on crypto wallets.

Its now possible to move in and out of coins without even setting up an account on an exchange.

re: centralised mining, there are plans for collaterised mining down the track, which, in theory should allow for resolution of centralisation.

But thats possibly 2/3 years away based on the latest response from Evan on the topic.

The problem might solve itself anyway, as i believe ASICs are hitting there physical boundries in terms of speed / power. So the mining race might even out in the next year or two.

I think fiat gateways are crucial, but they have to be reasonably priced. For example, I used to have to wire Bitstamp, then go to Poloniex and convert to Dash. Now I just go to SpectroCoin.com and buy with my debit card. The issue with this is that Spectro charges a little over 6% on Dash purchases over spot (and a little under 3% for Bitcoin purchases); so if I want to buy a large amount I still need to go Bitstamp to Poloniex; but on-borading family and friends for a few bucks has gotten a lot easier.

I rambled a bit but my point is that the cheaper our fiat gateways become to use (as opposed to having more), the better.

Pablo

Of course... it's ALL about the fees, and security.

Same topics always paramount when dealing with ledger units !

In my view, it's almost as if we need a significant philanthropist devoted to the cause who is willing to devote their resources to decentralized banking.

And THAT, would be one rare bird in the forest !

Best
rc

I'll create a topic after I get my 3 posts, stay tuned on my profile ill create a post with link. Youll be able to buy btc with prepaid credit card.

Have to agree with Pablo, spectrocoin is the better option for smaller transactions, but the fees add up as transactions get larger.

used to love circle but we know how thats turned out. Another option is to get the bitcoins with coinify and shapeshift, I like the mobile jaxx and coinomi wallets (integrated shapeshift) , just use coinify (3%) to buy the BTC direct to your mobile wallet / existing wallets then convert within the app or with shapeshift directly.

ntil later

Jim

Just use another cryptocurrency.
I used Monero, cuz it is already bloating like hell, should keep an eye on the Veltor tech aswell

Have you guys ever heard of Wall of Coins? I guess it is a Bitcoin exchange that is now offering DASH. Wanted to know what you guys think about it.

Have you guys ever heard of Wall of Coins? I guess it is a Bitcoin exchange that is now offering DASH. Wanted to know what you guys think about it.
its been advertised a few times on the dash detailed show, however as there are no traders nearby cant say i have any experience with them

ntil later

Jim

Back