• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to buy Darkcoins? (USA) and hopefully more info in comments

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
One of the easiest and safest ways to buy Darkcoin in the USA is to go to an entrusted company, buy Bitcoins, send them to an exchange then buy Darkcoins. You can do this by opening an account with someone like Coinbase and allow them access to your banking account so that you can buy Bitcoins at the current price, locking the price in. However, you will not have access to those coins until the funds from your account clear. On the other hand, with Coinbase, if you verify your account with a VISA card, you can get immediate access to your coins. In the United States, this is the company I went with. I chose this company because they handle large accounts like Overstock. com, DISH Network, Expedia travel, etc... Their fees are still reasonable as well at 1%, but they set the buy and sell prices, supposedly according to "current exchange prices". There are, however, many new companies coming onto the scene, but for me, the trust level isn't there yet to get me to let them have access to my bank account.

I'm going to suggest perhaps going with someone like Coinbase if you are buying for the first time as it's super easy and being a very reputable company handling multi million (billion?) dollar accounts, if you , like myself, want to take the safest route. Also, being so large, they charge a small fee of 1% plus a "bank fee" of $0.15 per transaction. If you verify a VISA card, and only a VISA card with them, you can access your coins immediately. If not, you will still be able to purchase the bitcoins at the current price, but must wait at least 4 business days for the charge to clear your bank account.

Reasons not to use Coinbase would be that it's not an open exchange. They say they charge the latest prices, however I'm sure the prices are a % higher than the going rate on the exchanges. The trick with them is that the second you hit buy or sell, they guarantee you bought or sold them at the "latest price" shown. To do that, I'm sure they have a buffer. AT BTC, an exchange based, I believe, in China, you can - at this writing - purchase 1 bitcoin for $596.999 and at coinbase the price is $607.02. This amounts to another %. But I do not know what fees BTC charges, they may be large enough to end up costing the same or more.

There are also many exchanges where you can wire money to them. This way, nobody needs access to your account. You open an account at an exchange, wire them the money, and once that money clears, you can begin trading. The problem with this method is that it can takes longer for the funds to clear, and you can not purchase the coins until then. If the market suddenly drops and you believe it will rebound right away, using Coinbase will allow you to purchase at the current low market price.

On the plus side of wiring money to an account is that we now have several exchanges that will allow you to purchase Darkcoin for USD. You would no longer have to deal with Bitcoins. But unfortunately, I've noticed that there simply isn't much volume and those people who are selling, are selling at inflated prices, and those buying are buying at a fraction of current prices. It's simply too new at the moment and doesn't have the volume. I hope that will change soon.

There are many ways to acquire Darkcoin, and new options are coming up all the time. I hope this thread will become a place where new information can be shared and services critiqued. Also feel free to ask questions, we can all help each other navigate through this jungle!

And lets not just make it for the USA. Looking forward to your responses from other countries, especially those outside the "West" or down in South America, Africa, Asia, etc !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviving this thread, because I could not find this info anywhere else: I am looking for the simplest way to buy DASH in the USA (directly from USD to DASH - no BTC).

I need to instruct some US clients (none of them are from NY :rolleyes:) who want to use DASH to send me money. Is there any DASH exchange accepting simple direct USD bank deposits (no tether or okPay, etc)?

I really don't want to have direct them to Coinbase -> BTC (and so to receive the payments in BTC).

Thank you in advance for your suggestions :smile:

Reviving this thread, because I could not find this info anywhere else: I am looking for the simplest way to buy DASH in the USA (directly from USD to DASH - no BTC).

I need to instruct some US clients (none of them are from NY :rolleyes:) who want to use DASH to send me money. Is there any DASH exchange accepting simple direct USD bank deposits (no tether or okPay, etc)?

I really don't want to have direct them to Coinbase -> BTC (and so to receive the payments in BTC).

Thank you in advance for your suggestions :smile:
Hi raganius,

This thread is outdated. I made a new thread here: https://dashtalk.org/threads/where-to-buy-dash-with-usd.5930/

Hope it can help. :)

Back