• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How often does Evan show up and answer questions?

I'm really looking for a solid "vision" from the mouth of the man himself about where Dash is headed and would love to know when if at all I could catch him to ask a few questions and get a few public stance on things.

Thanks guys!

:cool:

Good Luck with that.....

I've been here over 2 years and answers can be hard to come by.....
Let alone a straight-forward-honest answer with 100% FACTS.

Good Luck with that.....

I've been here over 2 years and answers can be hard to come by.....
Let alone a straight-forward-honest answer with 100% FACTS.

What do you mean? I thought Dash was decentralized governance by budget? Wouldn't that mean we get to see how things are working and follow up with questions just like normal stakeholders?

Is it not 100% required for the core team to provide insights or something? If not it should be I don't see ay other way to gauge the success of such vast projects other than weekly or bi monthly reports per proposal.... especially from the mouth of the man run the show....

What do you mean? I thought Dash was decentralized governance by budget? Wouldn't that mean we get to see how things are working and follow up with questions just like normal stakeholders?

Is it not 100% required for the core team to provide insights or something? If not it should be I don't see ay other way to gauge the success of such vast projects other than weekly or bi monthly reports per proposal.... especially from the mouth of the man run the show....
The point is to be open-loop. Most of the MNOs pay no attention at all, largely because they don't know how. It's like putting crazy homeless people in charge of IBM... So, it's actually a good thing that they really don't have much impact. They rubber-stamp pretty much everything that "the team" throws out, question nothing, look into nothing, hold no one accountable. And why should they? What are the consequences of squandering tons of free money that isn't theirs?

There's no feedback loop, passive or active. The MNOs are fish out of water. They have no idea the environment they're cast into. Most are welfare fraudsters that see being an MNO as a way to exact "revenge" on capitalism. They have no concept of how to be a member of a board of directors, and their agenda is about destroying business, not helping it use DASH. It's like herding cats, who are all driving cars. When they crash, they have no idea what happened, don't realize it's their fault, and don't grasp the magnitude of the situation or learn anything from it. They just scamper away and vote to burn a giant pile of money again next month.

It's easy to frame it as if Evan and Co did this intentionally, knowing it would be easy money. But, I'm starting to think that's not the case. Sure, the MNOs choose to follow the lead of the king, but nobody makes them that way. They're just lost, follower-minded people who are in waayyy over their head. They can't govern because they're always looking to the king for what they should do. MNOs just aren't leadership material, so they don't lead. They follow. They have no idea what a good direction is, so they just go along to feel good. Ohh! Look, we dispensed another giant pile of money that isn't ours! We're, like, totally bigshots! We're doing teh stuffs! Look how swollen our heads are! We are the deciders! Beg for our pittance! Obey our ridiculous demands that defy reality! We have no clue, but we're in charge! Oh, nevermind, it's a proposal from "the team." Don't ask any questions. Don't look into it after the fact. Give the Nth degree to any critic, but pay no attention at all to what's going on... Make sure you label any outsider a troll. Echo Chamber. Confirmation Bias. WE ARE GODS!!!

Think about the movie Bruce Almighty. But replace Jim Carrey with a spoiled brat 8 year old girl, and instead of learning a lesson about humility, she just gets more bratty and entitled... It's a good thing they're not actually in charge of anything.

Whatever... I quit voting. Oh, yeah, did you know that even though this isn't a government of any country, and the MNs have none of the very privacy that they provide, the most important part of their function is not compulsory? Yeah, you don't have to vote at all. This could easily be fixed, but that wouldn't let the mess be a mess! Being a total mess for which nobody even has to show up is exactly what makes it such an easy open-ended pork machine... Adding an "abstain" vote wouldn't force a yes or no, but total failure would at least have to be an active endeavor, separating "abstain" from "null" in an active manner. they could still abstain, but would have to show up to the mess to do it.

The point is to be open-loop. Most of the MNOs pay no attention at all, largely because they don't know how. It's like putting crazy homeless people in charge of IBM... So, it's actually a good thing that they really don't have much impact. They rubber-stamp pretty much everything that "the team" throws out, question nothing, look into nothing, hold no one accountable. And why should they? What are the consequences of squandering tons of free money that isn't theirs?

There's no feedback loop, passive or active. The MNOs are fish out of water. They have no idea the environment they're cast into. Most are welfare fraudsters that see being an MNO as a way to exact "revenge" on capitalism. They have no concept of how to be a member of a board of directors, and their agenda is about destroying business, not helping it use DASH. It's like herding cats, who are all driving cars. When they crash, they have no idea what happened, don't realize it's their fault, and don't grasp the magnitude of the situation or learn anything from it. They just scamper away and vote to burn a giant pile of money again next month.

It's easy to frame it as if Evan and Co did this intentionally, knowing it would be easy money. But, I'm starting to think that's not the case. Sure, the MNOs choose to follow the lead of the king, but nobody makes them that way. They're just lost, follower-minded people who are in waayyy over their head. They can't govern because they're always looking to the king for what they should do. MNOs just aren't leadership material, so they don't lead. They follow. They have no idea what a good direction is, so they just go along to feel good. Ohh! Look, we dispensed another giant pile of money that isn't ours! We're, like, totally bigshots! We're doing teh stuffs! Look how swollen our heads are! We are the deciders! Beg for our pittance! Obey our ridiculous demands that defy reality! We have no clue, but we're in charge! Oh, nevermind, it's a proposal from "the team." Don't ask any questions. Don't look into it after the fact. Give the Nth degree to any critic, but pay no attention at all to what's going on... Make sure you label any outsider a troll. Echo Chamber. Confirmation Bias. WE ARE GODS!!!

Think about the movie Bruce Almighty. But replace Jim Carrey with a spoiled brat 8 year old girl, and instead of learning a lesson about humility, she just gets more bratty and entitled... It's a good thing they're not actually in charge of anything.

Whatever... I quit voting. Oh, yeah, did you know that even though this isn't a government of any country, and the MNs have none of the very privacy that they provide, the most important part of their function is not compulsory? Yeah, you don't have to vote at all. This could easily be fixed, but that wouldn't let the mess be a mess! Being a total mess for which nobody even has to show up is exactly what makes it such an easy open-ended pork machine... Adding an "abstain" vote wouldn't force a yes or no, but total failure would at least have to be an active endeavor, separating "abstain" from "null" in an active manner. they could still abstain, but would have to show up to the mess to do it.

That was quite a wall of text sir but it seems to make sense from a crypto standpoint, noone seems to understand why they got into crypto anymore... hmm.

Still would like to hear from Even though on the"vision of Dash's future" so I can get a better understanding of what i've gotten myself into haha!

Sometimes but not very often as he has things to do ;) you can always try to contact him via evan @ dash.org

I'm really looking for a solid "vision" from the mouth of the man himself about where Dash is headed and would love to know when if at all I could catch him to ask a few questions and get a few public stance on things.

Thanks guys!

Amanda is doing a weekly show specifically aimed at this, "Dash Detailed". I've not really been following it though so I'm not sure on the procedure for putting forward questions:

Does Evan usually hang out there or something? I want to know his stance on things, it is very important to know the motivations of people in the crypto sphere IMO!

:)

we all - and that is everybody want to know his
- opinions
- answering questions
how should he try to do this with such an active community ?
u have to understand that he is obviously busy coding

- opinions
- answering questions

So he's like a mad scientist hiding out in his lab then?

Does he ever come out? I don't see much going on in github land honestly why I asked...

Thanks guys!

I would suggest to start from our roadmap

- opinions
- answering questions

Most of this coding is happening in private repositories then? It would be nice to be able to follow github updates more often but they are few and far between on the official dashpay github compared to the work that must be actually going on somewhere.

Most of this coding is happening in private repositories then? It would be nice to be able to follow github updates more often but they are few and far between on the official dashpay github compared to the work that must be actually going on somewhere.

Thats what I was thinking too.... How do we go about researching the changes to the code that are coming? Or do we just accept them when they show up like good childs?

there is a move towards sentinels and that is done on a different "section" - when it is ready to roll it will be on GitHub
+ there are a bunch of GitHub sections going on these days (I do not have the list on me)

good children ?

there is a move towards sentinels and that is done on a different "section" - when it is ready to roll it will be on GitHub
+ there are a bunch of GitHub sections going on these days (I do not have the list on me)

good children ?

Okay. But I would question the wisdom of having the lion's share of updates for sentinel being closed source until the last minute when you guys say it is "ready". Let me know if there's somewhere else I should be looking

Okay. But I would question the wisdom of having the lion's share of updates for sentinel being closed source until the last minute when you guys say it is "ready". Let me know if there's somewhere else I should be looking

I wish I knew - but I do not as this is not my "department"
(coding boys are coding - I am obviously not)

Back