• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How much can ordinary pc mine?

How much of dash can ordinary pc mine in 8h?
You don't say what hardware you're using.
Rough guide, in 24 hrs with a good graphics card hashing at 6 meg,you might get 0.2 Dash per day(.03 dash per mega hash per day)
With a cpu only running 8 threads giving 0.3 megahash, you will get around .01 Dash per day (0.0033 dash in 8 hrs)
check coinwarz for various estimates.

You don't say what hardware you're using.
Rough guide, in 24 hrs with a good graphics card hashing at 6 meg,you might get 0.2 Dash per day(.03 dash per mega hash per day)
With a cpu only running 8 threads giving 0.3 megahash, you will get around .01 Dash per day (0.0033 dash in 8 hrs)
check coinwarz for various estimates.

I'm thinking about getting a new AMD GPU for mining some DASH, do you have any recommendation ? just one PCI-E x16

I'm thinking about getting a new AMD GPU for mining some DASH, do you have any recommendation ? just one PCI-E x16
NVidia meant to getting better on power consumption and more optimized but I only use AMD, my best card is a R9 290 tri X, and I get around 8.5 megahash speed with that.

Edit: I like how I can undervolt it, be careful to get a card that is unlocked otherwise you can be running high temps and wasting power for nothing!
My XFX R9 280X is voltage locked, and its really annoying, I even flashed the ROM but it will not unlock, I think the regulator is missing off the board, so buy better makes and check em.

NVidia meant to getting better on power consumption and more optimized but I only use AMD, my best card is a R9 290 tri X, and I get around 8.5 megahash speed with that.

Edit: I like how I can undervolt it, be careful to get a card that is unlocked otherwise you can be running high temps and wasting power for nothing!
My XFX R9 280X is voltage locked, and its really annoying, I even flashed the ROM but it will not unlock, I think the regulator is missing off the board, so buy better makes and check em.

Same here, only use AMD and will allways do :) thanks for the advice ! Nice rate, any overclock, temp ?

Same here, only use AMD and will allways do :) thanks for the advice ! Nice rate, any overclock, temp ?
All settings maxed out,that was cooking at 90C actually-I did get it upto 9.4 megahash, was trying to get past the big 10, but the computer crashes, lol.
hang on ...

Just for you :wink:

upload_2015-9-24_17-40-4.png

I crashed after that demo above, btw.
Good tip (which I don't follow) is gradually change your clock speeds/voltages rather than steam in there, whacking everything upto 11 in one go :rolleyes:

Back