• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How long does synchronizing take?

Chewmagroo

I am currently trying to switch over to the new Dash-Qt wallet on a mac.

First of all I ran my old DarkCoin-Qt because I hadn't opened it for ages. My coins are there but it needed to sync. It started to synchronize but never finished after days of running until I gave up on it and closed it down.

I then downloaded Dash-Qt and am currently going through the same process. My coins are not there this time although it is synchronizing but again is taking forever. About 4hrs now and not even 10% done. Is this really going to take several days to complete and what if it does the same as the DarkCoin-Qt and never completes sync.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello
your coins are in wallet.dat of your darkcoin folder.
Close all....
Move wallet.dat to new created dash folder...start dash v23client with -reindex parameter...and del peers.dat before starting...wsit 40min and youre ok.

If not use bootstrap of UdjinM6

ok thanks... both closed (actually DarkCoin-Qt just crashed)
moved the wallet.dat file.

However...
1. what does this mean: "start dash v23client with -reindex parameter"
2. delete which peers.dat file? The Dark one or the Dash one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.
Peers.dat from dash folder...start the dash client now and how it goes?
-reindex redownloads the blockchain in simply words.
tungfa I'm out from home now can you please link here the mac migration video? Thnx :*

Happy for you :)
Are the coins on ir
ts place too?
Keep always the backups and there is a new folder where last 10 copies of the wallet.dat are stored just in case ;)
Cheers

I am currently trying to switch over to the new Dash-Qt wallet on a mac.

First of all I ran my old DarkCoin-Qt because I hadn't opened it for ages. My coins are there but it needed to sync. It started to synchronize but never finished after days of running until I gave up on it and closed it down.

I then downloaded Dash-Qt and am currently going through the same process. My coins are not there this time although it is synchronizing but again is taking forever. About 4hrs now and not even 10% done. Is this really going to take several days to complete and what if it does the same as the DarkCoin-Qt and never completes sync.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Having similar problem with pc

Am having a same problem have been synchronixing for whole day. How can i make synchronixing much faster and can i still make transactions connected with joincoin even when is synchronixing?

Am having a same problem have been synchronixing for whole day. How can i make synchronixing much faster and can i still make transactions connected with joincoin even when is synchronixing?

A sync takes about a day now, I suppose, depending on what your equipment and OS are, plus ISP. Are you getting any error messages?

Back