• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How Does Proposal Fee Work?

markbreen

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Can someone please explain how the proposal fee works. Does is cost 5 Dash to submit a proposal and that becomes a refund or is 5 Dash the common fee proposal submitters use?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

The 5 Dash is the fee to submit a proposal. It is then "burned" out of existence from the total supply of coins.
Proposal owners then ask for that 5 Dash back should their proposal be successful.
So your total amount requested would be X+5.

Regards

Thanks for your reply. So just to clarify, you need to have 5 Dash in your possession to submit a proposal (which you get back if proposal is successful)? If proposal isn't successful you just lose your 5 Dash?

Thanks for your reply. So just to clarify, you need to have 5 Dash in your possession to submit a proposal (which you get back if proposal is successful)? If proposal isn't successful you just lose your 5 Dash?

Yes, on the main chain, but there is a community project in the works where the fee is lower and you can get your fee back under certain circumstances.

I was wondering about it, i have a good idea and i'm working on something for my country (Venezuela), related to Dash
It's a web project, and i'm looking for funds for it, since here acquiring funds for it is hard closer to near impossible, i cannot afford the fee for Post my proposal,
but i'll try for it because i would love to see this project acomplished here

@mpereztr If your idea is good enough there are plenty of MNOs willing to lend you Dash for the Proposal Fee to be paid back on a successful proposal.

Thank you for the information, i'll be planning to get some fund for the initial fee of 5 Dash, by the way i'm also planning a pre proposal discussion for this

Back