• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How does Dash aim to minimise volatility?

Azzyrri08

Hi all,

I found the volatility in DASH a serious obstacle to being a true payments platform. DASH has lost over 50% of its value in the last month. How can we convince merchants this is the platform they need when price swings are so extreme?

Has there been any discussion to work around it?

Will Evolution allow Fiat payments?

Thank you.

P.S. To those who will point out that the entire market has significantly dropped. To this, I will say I don't care. If Dash aims to be a payment processor then it should be comparing itself to PayPal, not Bitcoin. Fortunately for PayPal, volatility is not an issue. Unfortunately, for them, Dash is cheaper and far more secure.

There is nothing Dash can do to minimize volatility. The general belief is that volatility will lessen if it gains widespread use as digital cash and becomes less useful as an instrument of speculation. Right now we are benefiting from its use by traders as a speculative instrument because we take a portion of their investment and use it to develop Dash as digital cash -- ie Evolution.

Back